Line 590, invalid argument 4 type to selpolygon(): expecting vector

djdouglas

Lil' TMG
Got this new error message today for the first time. I am using easy text Arial Black font separate lines Medium on all settings. I don't believe anything else has changed on my system from the last time I used 3DA a couple of days ago. I am running LW 9.0 Win 32 with 3D Arsenal. All plugins are installed. Configs for 3DA are LW 9 version. I think the problem might be in my LW settings. Although I have not intentionally changed any settings or configurations. I have rescanned plugins and inserted config files again. reset the content directory to 3DA folder. I am still getting the error message. The text shows up on the layers but the surface textures do not show up. I am sure other problems will come through my process due to this error. They are just unforseen at this time. Would anyone know how I can corect this error or what may be causing it?

Last edited:

Dan_NT

Technical Account Manager
djdouglas said:
Got this new error message today for the first time. I am using easy text Arial Black font separate lines Medium on all settings. I don't believe anything else has changed on my system from the last time I used 3DA a couple of days ago. I am running LW 9.0 Win 32 with 3D Arsenal. All plugins are installed. Configs for 3DA are LW 9 version. I think the problem might be in my LW settings. Although I have not intentionally changed any settings or configurations. I have rescanned plugins and inserted config files again. reset the content directory to 3DA folder. I am still getting the error message. The text shows up on the layers but the surface textures do not show up. I am sure other problems will come through my process due to this error. They are just unforseen at this time. Would anyone know how I can corect this error or what may be causing it?

Shut down Modeler and Layout, then go into:

My Computer > Documents and Settings > [your user name] and delete the file LWEXT9.CFG

Restart Modeler and try using the font again, see if the problem re-occurs.

If it persists then shut down LightWave again, this time download the configs here and install them into the aforementioned path (save for the LWEXT9.CFG we just deleted).

And if it's STILL not working then something, somehow may have happened to your actual plug-in! Pop in the content DVD (the second 3DACT disc) and then right-click on it in My Computer and go to Open. Then you'll need to Copy the folder named ToasterDudes and paste it into the following directory:

My Computer > Program Files > NewTek > LightWave 3D 9 > Plugins

If prompted to choose Yes to all and overwrite all pre-existing files, then give it another go.

djdouglas

Lil' TMG
I went ahead and went through Windows system restore and it restored it to the day before I used it last. Everything is working again. It would still be interesting to find out what caused this and what might fix it for the future. Not everyone uses Windows Restore and occasionally Windows restore bugs out and wont fix it.

Don Ballance

Director of Training
the file you want to delete from documents and setting/username is the easyText.cfg

removing this file from the configs and restarting modeler should do it.

Not sure what causes the issue Chad but I have seen it.

remember:
This may or may not be the issue
but if you create something in easy text
if you hit enter/return after the last letter and hit OK to make it
it will crash

and unless you manually go back to the end of the logo and backspace to remove this you will get a crash

djdouglas

Lil' TMG
Don Ballance said:
the file you want to delete from documents and setting/username is the easyText.cfg

removing this file from the configs and restarting modeler should do it.

Not sure what causes the issue Chad but I have seen it.

remember:
This may or may not be the issue
but if you create something in easy text
if you hit enter/return after the last letter and hit OK to make it
it will crash

and unless you manually go back to the end of the logo and backspace to remove this you will get a crash

Unfortunately the error is back. I have tried deleting easyText.cfg but the error still happens when I hit ok after typing in the text. Would you happen to have any other ideas? I just installed 9.2 and the error still comes up.

djdouglas

Lil' TMG
I believe I have found the casue of the error. I have copied and pasted into Easy text from clients e-mails. Occassionally it adds an extra line to Easy text which is blank. This is easy to miss since there is nothing there. If you do not delete the extra line it will give you the error message.

IE: Copy and paste your text into Easy text. You have two lines of text. The cursor sits on the third line. As long as that third line is there and empty you will get the error message.

Seti Orion

yes this works for the most part but for some reason I still get the error when I use other special fonts.

I can only get all the basic cheesy fonts to work
I'm having issues with lots of my true type fonts

any ideas?

Top Bottom