LIGHTWAVE CONTEST and "THAT" STIGMA

scenergy

cheap

I mean, we are talking about a software that's very cheap compared to the competition but still manages to make some splashes in highend VFX work.

"Cheap" options are perceived as such. It is what is expected.

A discerning client won't choose the 'cheap' option over the impressive option that may cost more.

To my business the purchase of software is tax deductible anyway.

So the price of Lightwave vs. Autodesk or other products is not really an issue unless it's just as a hobby (points at free Blender).

At the end of the day though, for the client, it comes down to the quality of the production not the toolset.

p.s. We are end-users, how Newtek market their product is entirely up to them.

Last edited:

Cageman

Almost newbie
"Cheap" options are perceived as such. It is what is expected.

A discerning client won't choose the 'cheap' option over the impressive option that may cost more.

To a business the purchase of software is tax deductible anyway.

So the price of Lightwave vs. Autodesk products is not really an issue unless it's just as a hobby.

At the end of the day though, for the client, it comes down to the quality of the production not the toolset.

I always use the wrong word... inexpensive is the correct term, not cheap, as in "bad".

Megalodon

To my business the purchase of software is tax deductible anyway.

So the price of Lightwave vs. Autodesk or other products is not really an issue unless it's just as a hobby (points at free Blender).

So? Just because it's tax deductable doesn't mean you get it for free. You get more money off your taxes by buying AD products, but not THAT much more. I list all of the software I buy on my taxes too, but it doesn't amount to free software. It still costs ME allot of money!

Top Bottom