• Dear NewTek ( now Vizrt) community,
    We are merging and updating our forum to join it with the Vizrt Forum. Here's what you need to know:
    All existing threads, posts, knowledge articles, and user accounts will be seamlessly migrated.
    Once the merge is completed, the old forums will no longer be accessible.
    We are making this move to unite our Vizrt and NewTek forums, creating a new, enhanced experience for our community members and technology users.
    We will notify you once the change has been made and the new forum is live.
    Thank you for your continued support in our growing community!

Leaving the colony

ary3d

sci fi addict
for thouse out of facebook and other social spaces, my last work

final_david_aguero_v3.jpg

wire.jpg

Lovely.
But you should reveal what LW version, what render engine, the number of polygons and points, how long it took to create, and how long it renders etc. ;)

Lovely.
But you should reveal what LW version, what render engine, the number of polygons and points, how long it took to create, and how long it renders etc. ;)

lightwave 2020.0.1 native render ( and tonemap native ) numbers of polys and points? well alot, several millons I didn't write it down when I hit render! I worked about 10 days on free time, clouds are volumetric, render was 38 minutes 2560x1440 40 samples, no GI, on ryzen 2700x 32gb (scene was 17gb on render) 🖖

very nice work david, thx for sharing.

... and still hoping for the tutorial teasing in this trailer ;) -

thanks, I have completed the video, but I didn't had the time to add some audio comments on it, I will try to do some thing about it!

Great image! Love the detail and scale. Cool lighting. My gut tells me the value difference between the ship and the ground should be greater. The sun on the mountain seems to be brighter than on the ship despite a mile of atmosphere between. The brights and darks on the ship should pop it out from the backdrop a bit more. A strategic break in the clouds to hit the ship with a ray of sun, as if it just made it above the cloud cover. I understand the base may be the focus of the shot rather than the ship, but the value contrast would sell the depth scale better. I'm not suggesting a new render, just some photoshop levels adjustment to the ship.

In fact looking at it again, I would almost make the ship a blinding white, because it is reaching an altitude where the sun would have a more direct angle through less atmosphere than the ground, which looks close to sunset.

Daang! Absolutely gorgeous art! I'd like to see an animation of this render. I've been learning the new rendering engine in Lw2020, and I must say it just renders beautifully. If it was GPU powered it would give Octane renderer a kick. I know it compares very well to Arnold renderer, which is what I use with 3dsmax. Both compliment each other for different scenes of course, but I keep going back to LW.

Back
Top Bottom