layouttool undo function?

tajino

From the sdk lwtool.h, there is mention of undo function in layout tool class plugin.

* undo gets called when the user requests to perform an undo operation.
* return true to allow Lightwave's undo system to take care of it,
* or false to block it so that the tool can handle it accordingly.

I was wondering if this is also accessible in LScript? I'm currently developing a layout camera viewport zoom/pan tool, having the ability to undo what's being applied by the tool would be helpful.

Here is a preview of the zoom tool : http://dimensionarts.com.my/misc/internal/CamZoomer_prw-1.mp4

Lewis

Member # 777
Maybe If you coudl make it user defined that would be great 'coz not everoyne uses same screen resolution so some might have more space some less :).

tajino

Maybe If you coudl make it user defined that would be great 'coz not everoyne uses same screen resolution so some might have more space some less :).

Will look into that. But for now there are still a lot of things to figure out. My initial plan was to be able to do 2d camera pan by driving Shift Camera's vertical and horizontal shifts with this tool, but since LW11.x, interactivity of extended channels driven by expressions has been broken, reported it, just don't know how long it will take LW3DG to fix it. For now it is driving the active camera's rot.h and rot.p to pan in 3d. Plus there are other things like you can't add envelope to 3rd party channels like Shift Camera's shift envelopes etc just makes the progress a whole lot tougher.

This tool was created as a temporary workaround for the lack of zoom and 2d pan in OpenGL/VPR viewport. We sure do missed FPrime for the zoom/pan and floating viewports.

xchrisx

automator of tasks
Very cool tool. I too miss the FPrime being able to zoom in, it was one of the most useful features. There have often been times I have wanted to be able to zoom in the viewport (for aligning meshes to a plate). I have resorted to the Windows Magnifier tool in the past but your tool looks way more useful. On a side note, I have never heard of the undo thing you have mentioned, so I will be watching this thread too,

Nice!

tajino

Thanks for all the interests.

But back to my original question, does anyone know about Lscript layout tool undo function? Anyone from LW3DG would like to shed some light? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom