laubwerk trees + plugin/ requests for LW

3dworks

archvizmacwaver
recently laubwerk released the plugin for C4D for their trees/plants content system. i like the way trees can be used as proxies and seasonally changed with a mouse click. i've requested a LW plugin today, still waiting for an answer... seems they are developing only for platforms with a large customer base, like C4D, max and maya. if more of us will asl for a LW plugin, maybe we have a chance to see this for our platform as well. have a look: http://www.laubwerk.com/

cheers

markus

geo_n

interesting. Wonder if they plan to have a stand alone version that exports to obj, fbx, etc.
Much cheaper than onyx.

3dworks

archvizmacwaver
it is not a tree modeler, just a very smart placement plugin for their content (which seems to be of excellent quality). the plugin supports proxy generation, seasonal tuning, tree age selection and afaik sun orientation and also 'intelligent' tree cropping when in proximity to objects etc - at least for the 3dmax version - is under development. i don't know if they aslo plan also a modeling extension or support for custom trees in the future.

in the meantime, i got a reply that they are indeed focusing on max, c4d & co, but considering to develop for modo 701. btw. their project was first aimed to be developed for modo, but at time of development, SDK issues hold them back from pursuing this route, as they say. with version 701 seems they will try again.

as for LW, they told me that a development is unlikely to be seen, because - as they state in the email - the platform lately seems to have become much less relevant in the 3d market. but maybe, if a few of us are going to request LW support at [email protected], they could reconsider... imagine this plugin combined with LW 11's instancing capabilities - very cool.

cheers

markus

Last edited:

alexs3d

yup that would be really cool to have this for lightwave, i saw it at the fmx in stuttgart, talked to them and they are developing some really cool features for the future ;) ... but i think the plugin is likely sooner available for modo than for lightwave...

Waves of light

Stuck in a very big cube
That does look like a nice cost effective alternative. Maybe requests from a lot of LW users will assist the plugin in becoming available for LW and not just Modo.

Top Bottom