Is Select by Vertex Map Value Missing?

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
So, I've only just noticed this but I'm trying find the Selection>Maps>By Vertex Map Value tool in LW2019 and LW2020 but can't see it there.

I've tried using Edit Menu Layout to find it but it's just not there. In LW 2015 it's under Additional as Select By Map Influence in the Edit Menu Layout, but for some reason I can't find it there in LW 2019/2020. Has it been moved or renamed or something?

The LW 2019/2020 reference manual shows that it's still included, but I just can't find it.

Does anyone know where it's gone?

prometheus

REBORN
If you take a habit of searching your menus, you would find that it is located under additional as a python command, that´s where it is, you can drag that to whatever tab you want, preferably the selection tab.

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.

It was right where you said it would be.

Thanks for helping me out. It's much appreciated.

Last edited:

raymondtrace

Founding member
One of the most universally useful new features in LightWave is "CTRL-Space". This will let you find any command (and its location in the menu).

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
One of the most universally useful new features in LightWave is "CTRL-Space". This will let you find any command (and its location in the menu).
I KNEW IT EXISTED!!

I remembered there was a search feature implemented in the post LW2015 releases, but for the life of me I couldn't remember the details of how to access it. Thanks for the reminder.

I just did a test with it in LW2019 to see if it could find the command as described in LW2015, but it couldn't. It seems that unless you know that the script has been re-written in Python, renamed and where it's located, you'll be out of luck finding it.

It makes me wonder how many other tools have been "reorganised" in this way.

Nice one NT. 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom