Invalid "Work" Drive

CamZoom

I have an Amiga 4000 with the Toaster/Flyer 4.2 and I am getting an "Invalid Drive" error message on my "Work" partition, which happens to be 100% full. This partition is on the same physical drive as my "workbench. I have tried using QuarterBack Tools as well as DiskSalv to no avail, but I do not have the manuals so I am not sure I was doing it right. Any ideas?

Thanks
Greg Baker
[email protected]

rbartlett

The "100% Full" is a side effect of the drive becoming invalid.
You need the disk validator to kick in. Until you can repair this partition (or possibly it repairs itself by leaving the Amiga on for a while longer!), it will be read-only.

You could copy the contents of WORK: to another volume, if you have space. Then carefully only reformat WORK: and then subsequently replace the temporary store back to WORK:.

For Amiga partitions, the native CBM filesystem isn't very resilient to inadvertent power-offs while files are open for writing or being written to. I'd suggest looking at some of the more recent 3rd party file systems for the non-Newtek volumes.

This is where a network or CD writer can also be handy.....

CamZoom

"Invalid Work:" Problem solved

Thanks for your response. I did as you said by copying all to one of my flyer drives and reformatting work:. I then copied files back to work. It seems to have worked.

Thanks Again
Greg Baker

Top Bottom