IFW2 Nodes please

lardbros

Not so newbie member
I do understand :)
Just saying that you can still use most of the decent ones, you just have to animate them with envelopes rather than other nodes.

Sensei

TrueArt Support
I do understand :)
Just saying that you can still use most of the decent ones, you just have to animate them with envelopes rather than other nodes.
From what I know about people's IFW nodal workflow is that they want different image (from image node) when procedural floor plank is "on", than when it is "off".. You can't do that with envelopes. They were plugging couple Image nodes to IFW node inputs..

Last edited:

lardbros

Not so newbie member
Think it'd be good for a visual example of it.
I'm currently toggling between LW 2015, the nodal version of 'Planks' and LW 2020 using the Planks via the Procedural node, and although the UI is different, they seem to do the same thing.

Sensei

TrueArt Support
I don't have IFW, so can't prepare screen-shot for you, but as 3rd party nodes developer, I can imagine workflow people use. If you plug output from such procedural texture (via Layer node) to e.g. Color Mixer or Material Mixer, you can get mixture of just two images from two Image node, or two materials. But if native IFW node allows plugging index/column index/row index/transformation matrix as input to the node, user could create planks with multiple different images/materials than two. Imagine different woods on each plank. That's important factor for realism to have not repeating pattern on the floor.

lardbros

Not so newbie member
I agree, that would be brilliant, but as far as I can tell IFW Planks node does not allow you to do this. :(

Sensei

TrueArt Support
I agree, that would be brilliant, but as far as I can tell IFW Planks node does not allow you to do this. :(
The IFW author showed it:

I can remake it and put it to TrueArt's Node Library.

Last edited:

lardbros

Not so newbie member
The IFW author showed it:

I can remake it and put it to TrueArt's Node Library.
If you could, that'd be pretty cool! :)
Unfortunately, despite being a cool set of nodes, IFW being unsupported is a bit annoying.
Those YouTube videos aren't available any longer either... wonder why he removed all of those as well :(

Top Bottom