IFW2 Nodes please

papou

··'
I'm looking for IFW2 Nodes (for LW2015). Yes, i'm bit late.
I can't believe i forgot to buy them.
Anybody have Richard Jennings contact?

Shloime

Intermediate User
Since I am only using LW2018, my copy of IFW2 tools is basically useless for me. Does anybody know if it is somehow legal to transfer a license? Is it locked to my dongle?
If possible, I would be willing to transfer it.

Sensei

TrueArt Support
Since I am only using LW2018, my copy of IFW2 tools is basically useless for me.
1) run LW 2015.x or LW v11.x
2) set up Surface Baking Camera or Batch Baking Camera
3) bake procedural textures to image maps
4) enjoy old stuff in LW 2018-2020.x

Shloime

Intermediate User
Thanks for your help, but what I was trying to say: As a pure hobbyist with no commercial intents (yet) I just don't use it, and never really had. So if someone has more fun with it I would be willing to give it away, if legally possible.

papou

··'
I suppose it is link to your LW ID Product or Dongle.
So without a support from Richard Jennings, i do not see any way to transfer it.

lardbros

Not so newbie member
The IFW procedurals do work in LW 2020, there's a procedurals node, where you can load any of the old ones. Very handy, but a shame none of the IFW nodes work any longer :(
Think I was a bit lucky, I managed to buy them last year, and had been meaning to get them for some time, but always forgot.

Good luck, i hope you manage to get a copy from somewhere.

starbase1

May the sauce be with you
I am so dependent on IFW2, particularly the "panels" shader, which is just so powerful...

After a recent crash it wasn't easy to reinstall, and a real shock to find they were no longer there for download.

lardbros

Not so newbie member
Are the plugins built per user dongle ID? I can't remember how they were licensed.
I have mine backed up to my cloud storage, but just can't remember how I licensed it.

WaveRider

I finally scraped together a few thousand $$$ with the intention of buying the IFW2 source and passing it on to a capable Lightwave/plugin developer. I tried to reach Mr. Jennings since 2019, but no luck so far.

prometheus

OFF TOPIC
Simbiont shaders from dark tree was discountinued mostly because of IFW2 procedural textures as competitors.
The recent LW framework now has none of them working, or developed anymore, two wonderful set´s of nice procedurals which used to be One major part of
Lightwave´s greatness.

chunderburger

Simbiont shaders from dark tree was discountinued mostly because of IFW2 procedural textures as competitors.
The recent LW framework now has none of them working, or developed anymore, two wonderful set´s of nice procedurals which used to be One major part of
Lightwave´s greatness.
a conversion or bridge?
Will look to support if I can

prometheus

OFF TOPIC
a conversion or bridge?
Will look to support if I can

One thought would be if Dpont would be willing to convert simbiont shaders to textures, providing he would get the license to do so from darktree.
The Dts files contains data on those procedurals, how difficult it would be I do not know..but some of them were beautiful, but as shaders and installing..quite messy.

IFW2..I do not know.

lardbros

Not so newbie member
Which ones are you missing? I'd be interested to know.

The panels ones are there working, and so are the display and water ones.

The Occlusion one is just a node, but I wouldn't miss that really... and some of the SpecialFX ones, which i'd never used. But ALL of the procedural patterns, panels, water, gradients are all usable.

Sensei

TrueArt Support
Which ones are you missing? I'd be interested to know.

The panels ones are there working, and so are the display and water ones.

The Occlusion one is just a node, but I wouldn't miss that really... and some of the SpecialFX ones, which i'd never used. But ALL of the procedural patterns, panels, water, gradients are all usable.
You don't understand..
Nodes you can control by plugging inputs from other nodes.. and making more complex nodal tree..
Texture parameters you can control only in UI.

I think it would be plausible to resurrect IFW2 similar way as I did with Sasquatch..

Last edited:
Top Bottom