Icons for Custom DVE Transitions

Neorotix

I was able to make some transitions in Aura using the VT Wipe Builder. They seem to work fine except I would like to have some kind of icon in the VT Switcher to be able to sort through them. I saw a post saying you can build it for the Tricaster but what about the VT5?

kltv

For both VT and TriCaster you just need to make a little JPG and AVI file for the thumbnails. You need to have the "NewTek Info" folder created in the same folder as the DVE. Inside that folder, make a small JPG and uncompressed AVI animation for the animated thumbnail. I use 160x120 as the dimensions for the JPG. Name the JPG and AVI exactly the same as the DVE except add the .jpg or .avi extension. So, for a DVE called "MyEffect.dve" the thumnails in the NewTek Info folder would be called "MyEffect.dve.jpg" and "MyEffect.dve.avi" for the animation. That should do it.

Kris

Neorotix

Custom DVE Transition Icons

Hey thanks for the reply. Sorry for being such a noob but I am not sure about the NewTek Info Folder. Is it a folder I just create or is it a folder that should already be there. I have no such folder on my system so I am wondering whether it is the DVE folder which holds all the prepackaged DVEs. Will attempt using that folder, but in the evnt it does not work can you be a little more specific? Thanks anyway.

Neorotix

Guys I played around with your instructions and was finally able to get it to work. After importing the custom transition into the VT5 I noticed it did make a dummy file for the icon. I copied my icon file into the Newtek Info folder and allowed it to overwrite the dummy file that was made. I restarted the VT5 and the icon was there. Also for the preview avi. I copied it into the folder and I was good to go. I do not think it is necessary to add the .jpg extension and long as u have transitionname.dve, and the files are in jpg and avi format.

Top Bottom