I need all the 3d Gods help with mixing liquidin a pipe

3Dswade

LiqRBox
So Image shows the entire manifold, the fluid comes thru the small lines as yellow and the main pipe with the blue fluid (close up) comes together just after the guage and mixes in the chamber above. So the chamber with be cut away to show the mixing. Whats the best way to tackle keeping the emmiter in the piping or would it make more sense to use a plug in like deep rising. I bow to your advice!

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Example2.jpg
    Example2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 63

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
From what I understand of your problem, it sounds like you want the fluid to behave as though it was encased in a chamber.

This chamber will be cut away to show the actual fluids mixing inside of it. However because the chamber has been cut away, the fluid spills out.

If this is the problem you are facing, then the solution would be to not cut any geometry away from the chamber and just make the surface (or part of the surface) of the chamber either:

a) Transparent
b) Weight mapped and use a gradient to control it's opacity.

If you have to show that the chamber looks like it's had a section cut from it, then I'd have another cylinder shaped geometry inside the chamber that is not visible to the camera that the fluid flow through to show the mixing.

Of course all the piping geometry will be a hard body dynamic object with collision detection activated to keep the fluid particles inside of it.

Again all this is based on the presumption that I understood your problem correctly, which I probably didn't.

prometheus

REBORN
Realism?
Mixing as different colors from the two liuqids?

for the piping flow, you shouldn´t need deep rising, but the crucial part is how the mixing dynamic behaviour should look like in terms of dynamic motion, and shading.
That may require more advanced simulation that just particle dynamics.

3Dswade

LiqRBox
From what I understand of your problem, it sounds like you want the fluid to behave as though it was encased in a chamber.

This chamber will be cut away to show the actual fluids mixing inside of it. However because the chamber has been cut away, the fluid spills out.

If this is the problem you are facing, then the solution would be to not cut any geometry away from the chamber and just make the surface (or part of the surface) of the chamber either:

a) Transparent
b) Weight mapped and use a gradient to control it's opacity.

If you have to show that the chamber looks like it's had a section cut from it, then I'd have another cylinder shaped geometry inside the chamber that is not visible to the camera that the fluid flow through to show the mixing.

Of course all the piping geometry will be a hard body dynamic object with collision detection activated to keep the fluid particles inside of it.

Again all this is based on the presumption that I understood your problem correctly, which I probably didn't.
I should have explained it better, I meant transparency. The chamber is a mixing chamber. There are sections that the fluids pass thru to mix them approximately. I’m thinking another emitter in the chamber to change the color. Or change both to green in the node? Its for simulation not scientific mixing.

3Dswade

LiqRBox
Realism?
Mixing as different colors from the two liuqids?

for the piping flow, you shouldn´t need deep rising, but the crucial part is how the mixing dynamic behaviour should look like in terms of dynamic motion, and shading.
That may require more advanced simulation that just particle dynamics.
Yes exactly, the chamber has mixing sections. I’ll get the cut away, transparency section done so you gods can see my issue.

prometheus

REBORN
It wasn´t clear what Lightwave version you are using?
And how familiar you are with the vdb tools?

Rene (Lightwave guru) could probably give some advice on the matter if using vdb fluids natively in Lightwave 2019 and up.

Here´s a search on liquids on his youtube page, you could comment and ask on his youtube page, if you can´t get him to react on these pages :)

Personally I think I would do the sim in another software and rendering as well, or import to lightwave if that´s absolutely needed.

3Dswade

LiqRBox

Rene (Lightwave guru) could probably give some advice on the matter if using vdb fluids natively in Lightwave 2019 and up.

Here´s a search on liquids on his youtube page, you could comment and ask on his youtube page, if you can´t get him to react on these pages :)

Personally I think I would do the sim in another software and rendering as well, or import to lightwave if that´s absolutely needed.
2020.0.2. Most of my projects are for legal cases and mechanical in nature. Ive done simulations showing water eroding under a structure using Hypervoxels and hard objects. This is my first attempt and running liquid thru a pipe, for an engineering firm that couldnt do it in CAD, LOL! Any advice is appreciated beyond measure.

3Dswade

LiqRBox

I watched your fluid example yesterday and was impressed! So did you render in Lightwave or another software?

prometheus

REBORN
I watched your fluid example yesterday and was impressed! So did you render in Lightwave or another software?
My example?

Don´t you mean rene Lightwave gurus sample which I linked to?
Otherwise I am not sure that I really have posted any good fluid sample, in such case I need the link to what you refer to.

prometheus

REBORN
A bit funny, this might be :)

My former job was at a company that does renovations of flow meters, securing flow measurement data to hold up in legal cases, these images seems like it´s somekind of lab similar to that.

I never got around to showcase the wonderful world of CGI fluid simulations, they wouldn´t have had any use for it anyway me thinks.

3Dswade

LiqRBox
The images are of my model, the engineering firm designed the chamber, they just need me to simulate what it does for sales. Just need to get the fluid to work properly.

prometheus

REBORN
The images are of my model, the engineering firm designed the chamber, they just need me to simulate what it does for sales. Just need to get the fluid to work properly.
still what sample did you refer to?
you qouted me and target me wirh you it seems..though I haven't posted any fluid sample.

prometheus

REBORN
idéa... Path or Animation Path

Only good for main direction flow description without much of any realism, and especially not useful in the end when the fluids should mix.
You may use it however in conjuction with meshing the particles within the VDB tools, but still more difficult with the fluid mix.

In some other software ..you can actually let smoke fluids follow a curve on two curves and collide mix, would yield a smoother flow look though not fluid liquid behavior but smoke.
All that you could then just import to Lightwave and process through level set remesh it within the vdb toolset to get a liquid surface.

Basic fluid collisions may work as well, if not in lightwave..use something else and export to lightwave for the finnished stuff..

Last edited:

3Dswade

LiqRBox
I’ve done wind on a path to show how winterizing panels knocked a guy off a drilling rig. I think this will work for the simulation, then add another emitter in the chamber or ramp the color change to green of the two fluids.

prometheus

REBORN
I’ve done wind on a path to show how winterizing panels knocked a guy off a drilling rig. I think this will work for the simulation, then add another emitter in the chamber or ramp the color change to green of the two fluids.

Fair enough, but then you really don´t need much of liquid behavior when particles collide/mix..not anywhere near realistic mixing anyway?

Top Bottom