I have an idea. Updating scripts

Oldcode

Hey Ernpchan,

Thanks for the link. I already have Star Pro, and it's great. Although expensive, I highly recommend it for everyone. It's not a replacement for Hyperstars to get the true warp effect we all dream of, but I've done some really cool shots with it.

Last edited:

JohnMarchant

Agreed, some plugins are beyond updating. We need the approval of the developer first and foremost. Id love to get hold of Dynamite but dont think Can is around anymore. I would like Pola's to update Fire and Smoke but he says he has no plans to do so.

I just would like to get as many as i can, if not least of all so we dont have to run so many different versions of LW just to use those tools we still like and find useful. I have 3 versions of LW running in 32 and 64 Bit, that's 6 different versions. I would like to reduce that a bit especially for modeler which seems to be most used in terms of different versions to make some scripts/plugins work.

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/plugins/LiquidPack/index.html This is one i would like to get hold of, cant read Japanese so cant really see if its still in developement.

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/plugins/JetStreamFX/index.html This one as well.

http://www.3dcel.jp/index.html This site has some nice tools, its a pity SketchMesh has never been ported to Win64, which seems to be the case for a few of them.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pq1a-ogs/sss_e.html OGO plugins are still good but again no Win64 bit and does not seem to have updated in a few years.

Does anyone understand and read Japanese, there are a few developers out there with some great talent that i would like to get in touch with.

Last edited:

Oldcode

John,

I once made contact with the guys at DStorm back in 2009. I sent them an email and they did understand enough English for me to get a price. I don't remember the exact price but it was very expensive and the way they talked about it on their site and on You Tube, the plug in was still in development at that time. I almost took the plunge but am glad I didn't for a few years later, Next Limit came out with the Learning Edition of Real Flow that I bought instead. Considering the professional license is several thousand dollars, the Learning Edition is a bargain at $99 US. Note: Sometime in June Next Limit will be coming out with the next version. Real Flow 2014.

Here is a translation using Google Translate.

Product Name: Liquid Pack
Price: 29,800 yen (excluding tax) (about 300 US)
V9 9.2 or more Windows XP / LightWave: operating environment
10/11 or more Windows 7 / LightWave
Developer: INO clandestine laboratory
(I do not sell by the package) only download version: sale form

※ By using the arithmetic processing NVIDIA Corporation board video, the GPU of GeForce 8 and later, high-speed operation processing is now available in the GPU version. Card that supports CUDA you can check from NVIDIA Corporation.

Purchase, to online store https://store.dstorm.co.jp/

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JohnMarchant

Thanks mate from what i can see it may be still in development, just not updated in a bit. Yes the price is eye watering considering you can get TurbulanceFD and or Realflow. Not sure this one will ever see the light of day here.

Realistically i think its best to stick to small plugins/scripts by independent individuals as opposed to companies, would still love to get hold of Can to get Dynamite, there was allot of potential there.

Wonder what LWG3D is working on now for 12. I agree that when they used to tell us where the way ahead was allot of bitching and so they decided to stay quiet, however it would be nice to be thrown a bone every now and again.

Last edited:

papou

··'
HyperGlow and Hyperstars were gems.
HyperGlow was able to do Nice Glow and LensFlare Effect based on Luminosity.
I miss them.

JohnMarchant

Ive tried to find those, but the company has gone. Anyone have a contact email for any of their former staff.

So far i have 2 Scripts ready for release to anyone who will have a go at them and hopefully improve them. One is sIBL plugin for LW, Christian has no more real time to develop it. I know many here who use it and maybe someone would like to carry it on.

The other one is Cobblestone, a cobblestone road creator for modeler, comes with some textures and objects. Hope some one can improve it. Also its a bit flaky with 11.6.3.

I have the permission to post them from the creators with the source .ls files, im hoping someone will step up to the plate and have a go at this great little tool.

jeric_synergy

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
John, which ones are you referring to? SUPERGLOW was a single guy, in Redmond WA. Probably worked for Micro$oft, IIRC his name was Andrew.

JohnMarchant

Sorry jeric i was referring to Hyperglow and Hyperstars

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of superglow, i don't have IRC, do you have email or phones details for him jeric.

jeric_synergy

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
It was a LONG time ago. We can maybe accomplish the same thing with nodes now. Maybe.

At any rate, I don't have that info: I'll keep my eyes open.

JohnMarchant

Thanks jeric.

Guys if anyone knows of a plugin/script that they have which does not work or they like but needs updating, let me know as much details as you can in a PM and i will try and track it down.

Also if there are any coders out there and are willing to help please let me know. Firstly i think we need to make the plugins/scripts work with latest version of LW and current LW SDK. Once we have that maybe someone may want to convert to Python. We can then look into any improvements we can make to them.

Whatever happens please re share the plugin/script back here with the community so we can keep these alive. I will post the first 2 plugins in the coming days for you coders to have a go at.

Thanks.

Top Bottom