How to insert keys between existing frames without affecting existing changes?

intssed

Ints
Hello!

What is best way insert ~72 keys between existing 2 keys without affecting the existing changes in Texture Editor, Lights, Object movement, Morphs, etc.?
I details: i made 3 statics shots (frame 0; 1; 2). Need insert camera 360 rotation with ~ 72 frames between each. Or, best, rotate each existing frame in 360 degrees :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
The dopetrack only affects scene object's and item's (camera, lights, nulls) position, scale and rotation key values.

It won't affect Texture Editor or Light Volumetric envelopes.

Basically, the dopetrack only affects the things you can select, move, rotate and scale within the viewports. If you can't select it in one of the viewports, then the dopetrack won't affect it.

lertola2

skeptic
You can move key frames on the Scene/Dope Editor using the Channels tab. I think this is the only place you can move all types of key frames together.

Attachments

• channels_tab.jpg
    channels_tab.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

intssed

Ints
The dopetrack only affects scene object's and item's (camera, lights, nulls) position, scale and rotation key values.

It won't affect Texture Editor or Light Volumetric envelopes.

Basically, the dopetrack only affects the things you can select, move, rotate and scale within the viewports. If you can't select it in one of the viewports, then the dopetrack won't affect it.
You can move key frames on the Scene/Dope Editor using the Channels tab. I think this is the only place you can move all types of key frames together.
Thanks, Shabazzy and lertola2!
Now i exactly know what i need look for and to do!

Much thanks!

intssed

Ints
Be aware that the Dope Track and the Dope Editor are two different things.
Thanks, Shabazzy, for answer!
I've mostly used Dope Track for comments and so, maybe can try?

Also Scene/Dope Editor missing Surface List/Tab? I was use them alot. Can i fix it? What i have done wrong?

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
Yes. True. I did not think of that because the graph editor not as practical for inserting a gap if you have a scene with hundreds of channels.
I've never had any problems with channel management in the Graph Editor. That's what the Channel Bin, Selection tab and filter is for.

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
....Also Scene/Dope Editor missing Surface List/Tab? I was use them alot. Can i fix it? What i have done wrong?
I don't think you've done anything wrong but I believe (and I could be wrong on this) that the new Physically Based Rendering (PBR) nodes based surfacing system is incompatible with the old Scene/Dope Editor and so it looks like they've removed the "Surfaces" tab from it.

It looks like you'll have to make your changes either from the "Channels" tab or from within the Surface Editor.

intssed

Ints
Looks like i will make Master Channels for all textures, Volumetrics and Lights for Sliders. Maybe it is not best idea, but i can find and adjust all from one place?

Attachments

• Ekrānuzņēmums 2021-05-30 122513.jpg
    Ekrānuzņēmums 2021-05-30 122513.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 20

intssed

Ints
Ok, at last, i made 3 different scenes, just cleared all curves points (before or after) actual view shoot. 😅

Top Bottom