How to hide extra inputs on TC1 in Workspaces 1 and 2

fful

Another noob question. Getting used to the TC1 after 5 years on the 455. We only have 4 camera inputs and would like to hide the extra inputs in Multiview 1 and 2 to make them less cluttered. Tried all the different presets but no luck. Anyone know? Thanking in advance.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
You can pick any multiview layout that suits you, and assign sources to them to taste using the RMB-click menu.

fful

Hi Steve, thanks for the feedback. I realize that but we only have 4 inputs and would like to hide the rest to make the interface less cluttered and the windows bigger.
Got it down to 8 in the Workspace Multiviews, would like to get it down to 4. Just wondering if any can be disabled, hidden, et.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
I'm not presently running TC1, but isn't there at least one quad-split workspace?

kanep

NewTek SE
You can't build your own layout, just modify the ones that are there. So I would set any sources you don't want to see an empty input. Or create a solid black PNG image, you can choose to display images in the multiview slots.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
I'm not running TC1 atm, but will try to check it out shortly. I could swear there's at least on quad split Workspace. TC2 and Mini4K, both of which I've run today, both have one.

fful

You can't build your own layout, just modify the ones that are there. So I would set any sources you don't want to see an empty input. Or create a solid black PNG image, you can choose to display images in the multiview slots.
Hi, thanks for the feedback. But I am trying to just show a quad view. I already have black in the other 4 inputs. Was trying to declutter and show the 4 in larger images, on either or both primary/secondary monitors. Tried every possible workspace, thought maybe there was a "secret" setting :)

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
OK, I finally took a minute to try a TC1, running a 7-4 build. As I hoped, I see several different quad split external multiview workspace options. They are labeled "Media Players", "All M/Es", and "M/E Follow, PREV, PGM". It's not clear to me why any one of these doesn't do what you have in mind?

fful

OK, I finally took a minute to try a TC1, running a 7-4 build. As I hoped, I see several different quad split external multiview workspace options. They are labeled "Media Players", "All M/Es", and "M/E Follow, PREV, PGM". It's not clear to me why any one of these doesn't do what you have in mind?
Yes i had seen those but did not realize you could change the input source! I needed 4 SDI cameras. DHU!! Thank you!

Edit: Now, is there any way to save that configuration and load it into other sessions?

Last edited:

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
No, but you could quite easily write a macro to do it for you if you don't want to use template sessions.

Lutere

Now, is there any way to save that configuration and load it into other sessions?

Tricaster doesn't allow to save a template configuration ... because you simply can't build a new one :)
But, once you've found one that fits (almost) perfectly your purpose, you can use it for further projects:
- create a new project, with the good ratio and framerate, and rename it like a generic file: "2021_base template_50p"
- once you open it, choose a template from the workspace menus ( you can choose a different set up for each window)
- you can assign / routing now your inputs ( sdi , ndi ... ) for each window ( multiview) and button
you can also Rename audio and video sources , set an audio delay if needed or change the color correction to match different angles.
- In a few words, prepare your project with all the settings and options , as you should do before a " real " session... but don't import any media ( except the backgrounds for M/Es or a lower third template...)
- Now you can quit this project, save it ( backup session ) and choose it any time you create a new session , selecting "2021_base template_50p" like a TEMPLATE .

Hope it can help :)

xleggs

There are three ways I would consider doing a workaround. One would be to set up isocorder or 4 instances of studio monitor on another computer and look at that. Also, you could build a quad split LiveSet. (I find that software most useful for that type of stuff.) Then, monitor that M/E in StudioMonitor. The less elegant way would be to patch the multiview output or main interface out back in as a source, put in an M/E and make it fit- again monitor the output via NDI.

Personally, I wish I could have a Muti-View with cameras, pre, and pgm plus audio mixer at bottom. We operate with a 2 person crew. One TD, one runs PTZ cams and audio on Avid Artist Mix.

Top Bottom