How to Edit 30 Sec commercial

mann1970

What is best way to edit 30 sec spots? I have about 10 minutes of footage which I captured as a one clip. Now I need few seconds from diffrent parts of the clip. I can chop the clips and put them on timeline but then I have 10 diffrent clips with markings. How is everyone else editing their spots? Thanks

Gary:(

Paul Lara

It's ALL about the light
I typically just capture the 3-to-4 second clips as they'll be used in the spot, instead of importing it all as one clip.

Here's one method you can try, Gary:

Bring the clip into ToasterEdit
As you play it, you can press 'c' to cut (razor) the clip at that spot.

One you have your clips cut in this fashion, they can be re-arranged as needed.

mann1970

What is the best way to do insert editing? I have existing spot from which I want take out about 6 seconds. This is my regular spot which we use every week. Do I need to reneder this or is a way to save the change under the old spot?

Paul Lara

It's ALL about the light
ToasterEdit actually has an 'insert' command!

If you wish to replace a clip with a new one, but retain the original settings, hold down the Alt key while dragging the new clip on top of the old one.

So, if you have a picture-in-picture, and the client likes the look, but just wants to replace last week's refrigerator with this week's washer/dryer, that'll all you need do.

ted

Sometimes I find it easier to select the captured clip, "Control" "Drag" to another spot on the timeline. This will make a copy of the clip. Then just drag the start or end point to eliminate the unwanted material.

Top Bottom