How to convert NDI mov file to mp4 ?

nilay.mehta

I am recording the video using Application.NDIRecording.x64.exe and it saves the file in .mov format.
How to convert NDI mov file to mp4 ?

Well, I shopped around and it seems there are no current products for this. What about vMix or OBS? Ingest NDI and record in MP4.

We might code a solution in the near future.

LMAVGuy

You can use Handbrake or VLC to transcode to another format. FFMPEG will open the file as well and convert but is strictly command line. I highly recommend the GUI front end to FFMPEG called FF-Works For OSX since I use that to do high quality conversions from anything to anything....but the easiest would be Handbrake to convert to standard MP4. I tested all 3 and they all work.

You can use Handbrake or VLC to transcode to another format. FFMPEG will open the file as well and convert but is strictly command line. I highly recommend the GUI front end to FFMPEG called FF-Works For OSX since I use that to do high quality conversions from anything to anything....but the easiest would be Handbrake to convert to standard MP4. I tested all 3 and they all work.
I agree there are plenty of methods to convert in batch after being recorded. ffmpeg being the quickest.

LMAVGuy

I agree there are plenty of methods to convert in batch after being recorded. ffmpeg being the quickest.
Handbrake can do batch, however I didn't test Handbrake on Windows, only OSX....also the front end I use, FF-Works, does batch as well..but is OSX only. I have used some basic GUI front ends for FFMPEG on Windows but I have not looked at them recently...but Handbrake would be your easiest answer for a quick and dirty conversion, or batch conversion. VLC can do the job as well, but requires a few more mouse clicks I believe. Anything VLC can view can be transcoded, for the most part but Handbrake is just much easier for the novice user to navigate.

Handbrake can do batch, however I didn't test Handbrake on Windows, only OSX....also the front end I use, FF-Works, does batch as well..but is OSX only. I have used some basic GUI front ends for FFMPEG on Windows but I have not looked at them recently...but Handbrake would be your easiest answer for a quick and dirty conversion, or batch conversion. VLC can do the job as well, but requires a few more mouse clicks I believe. Anything VLC can view can be transcoded, for the most part but Handbrake is just much easier for the novice user to navigate.
I believe @nilay.mehta is using Windows because of the .exe mentioned.

Top Bottom