How to convert a value to Pitch

merovingio

I must convert a value into Pitch (or X with local coordinates) from nodes.

I cannot understand how to do that with node, can you help me?

Thx

Dodgy

Worms no more! Free fun!
There's a vector node called Matrix2HPB which you can use to convert from one vector (like an up vector) to HPB values. Maybe that?

merovingio

There's a vector node called Matrix2HPB which you can use to convert from one vector (like an up vector) to HPB values. Maybe that?

Not exactly, because i don't have a vector for the input. It is a generic decimal value, which i want to be readen as degree and the use it as pitch value.

Iaian7

Motion Design Lead
If you simply need to create a rotation value based on scalar values, you can use the Make Vector node (found in the Tools section) to send a single value to a specific channel. To convert scalar values (especially 0-1 ranges) to known angles (say, 20°), I usually multiply a Scalar value with an Angle node (in the Constant section).

Iaian7

Motion Design Lead
To clarify, the Vector node labels the three channels as X/Y/Z, but they're equally applicable to H/P/B. Lightwave is actually really great at combining or converting between different types of data. For example, if you plug a scalar into a vector or colour input, you'll just get greyscale values (X/Y/Z or R/G/B channels are all set to the same Scaler value input).

pinkmouse

Vacant, pretty vacant
Just be aware that some Nodal rotation stuff works in radians rather than degrees, so if you get strange results that's why. ;)

Top Bottom