- Watch the input monitors, and press the OUT button on the Control Surface whenever a notable event occurs (see User Guide Section 8.10).
- This creates a new event in the CLIP LIST, setting an Out Point at the current timecode, and an In Point as required to fulfill the default duration set in the Options menu (see User Guide Section 6.4.2). Of course, you can trim the event afterward any time you wish.
- Press the IN button on the Control Surface at any convenient time. This creates a new ‘incomplete’ event in the CLIP LIST.
- (Optional) If nothing noteworthy occurs in the next while, feel free to press IN again from time to time, updating the In Point of the event.
- Press OUT to complete the event when something interesting occurs (see User Guide Section 8.10).