Help: TC Mini HD-4 (AE3) live stream w/ LiveU Solo?

Phlume

Our production uses a TC Mini HD-4 Advanced running AE3 (ver 7.3.2008.18). Up until recently, we have been using a Verizon Wireless MiFi Jetpack to acquire an internet signal for live streaming in the filed. However, in service challenged areas, this is not possible. When available, I do have a set of wireless bridge towers that I can "beam" a signal to a switch at our production station, and gain access that way. However, when no hardline is available, cell towers are our only solution.

I'm now looking into a bonded solution for internet connection for live streaming. I've researched the LiveU Solo and I have been impressed with their offerings. However, the LiveU Solo required either an HDMI or SDI connection to send to their server. Here is the concern; It is my understanding that due to limitations in the hardware, NewTek has disabled the HDMI "out" on the device.

My questions are: 1) Am I correct that the HDMI output on the TC-Mini is disabled (both front and rear connections). I can use the display DVI and HDMI, but they only send a video signal, and as we broadcast games, we need commentary audio etc. And 2) if this is the case, how might I send from the Mini to the LiveU so that the A/V signal from the TC Mini is sent to the LiveU Solo unit? Does anyone have experience with some sort of relay or connector that can combine headphones out and multiviewer out into a single signal via HDMI or SDI?

Any troubleshooting ideas outside of this "idea" is also welcomed. Thank you.

Last edited:

Phlume

Well, after some testing, some settings adjustment and some very helpful talks with LiveU, NewTek support and my local NewTek dealer, it seems I was mistaken. The HDMI output on the motherboard has been disabled, not the HDMI output on the I/O panel on the front. Which means, outputs 1 and 2 on the front panel of the TC Mini will both work with the LiveU device for internet connectivity. I did find that if I wanted to go with NDI, the Spark Plus IO 4K would work to capture the output and convert to the HDMI signal required. So... once I acquire the device and test the process, I wil be happy to report back the findings for future discoveries of other enthusiasts.

Top Bottom