Hardware to control sound (TC2 Elite)

Ideenplantage

Hey,

I'm looking for some hardware to control the sound and found these devices:
  • Skaarhoj Wave Board (pretty expensive)
  • Behringer Touch with "CentralControl.io" (never heard about CentralControl before)
I need some motorized hardware fader to control Inputs and Outputs of my TC2 Elite. Want to see if something is going into the input or coming out an output, as well. Don't wan't to mouse around the mixer in the GUI.
Does anyone have some experiences with audio control hardware and like to share it?

Kind regards

Never touched the waveboard so far.
I played a little with Xtouch and central Control, looks quite good so far. I'd still need to investigate a little bit, to be sure meters feedback does not create any trouble ( I remeber this was a problem Skaarhoj was never able to solve, which is why the meter feedback in the controller is OFF by default)

Jerome

fgolman

X-Touch with https://centralcontrol.io is WONDERFUL! It is the missing link to making the audio control experience finally work the way it should have all along.

I've had both the "Compact" and "Universal" models and they both work very well. Highly recommended. The "Universal" is even nicer in that there are a number of additional features that really integrate well with the TriCaster: VU meters, scribble strips, DDR timecode display, etc.

I'm actually using the system remotely, over the internet, so even more of a challenge.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have.

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

FalkRuda

X-Touch with https://centralcontrol.io is WONDERFUL! It is the missing link to making the audio control experience finally work the way it should have all along.

I've had both the "Compact" and "Universal" models and they both work very well. Highly recommended. The "Universal" is even nicer in that there are a number of additional features that really integrate well with the TriCaster: VU meters, scribble strips, DDR timecode display, etc.

I'm actually using the system remotely, over the internet, so even more of a challenge.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have.

Fritz Golman
Wow, i didn't now centralcontrol until now. I try it next week.
We are using Universe Show Control https://universe-control.com .
It's helpful for everything.

fgolman

Well, firstly, it's way too expensive.

Second, in previous versions, I've heard it's not too reliable.

Finally, the implementation with Central Control is very flexible and allows for lots of user configuration.

Central Control also allows this over the internet for remote setups.

Fritz Golman

FalkRuda

Well, firstly, it's way too expensive.

Second, in previous versions, I've heard it's not too reliable.

Finally, the implementation with Central Control is very flexible and allows for lots of user configuration.

Central Control also allows this over the internet for remote setups.

Fritz Golman
Thanks for your help. We have buyed the X Touch witch central control. It works well.
Next step would be to use the ethernet from the xtouch.

fgolman

Great to hear of your success! I've not used it on IP yet, just direct USB. But I understand it works just fine on Ethernet, too.

Fritz Golman

joedemax

Hi! I am the developer of Central Control. I've been using TriCasters for many years and developed this software mainly to enhance the control options for my TriCaster on my shows.

To answer a couple of questions:
  1. You can indeed use the X-Touch over ethernet using RTP MIDI. Here is a great tutorial from Sweetwater on how to do it.
  2. While there is no support for the X32 explicitly at present, you can use it in it's DAW control mode set to Mackie Control Protocol to use with Central Control, albeit with only 8 faders + master. It's also worth noting that this is possible for any control surface that uses Mackie Control protocol. Just use the X-Touch device in CC.
  3. I am not sure what issue there was with Skaarhoj and meter feedback, but I we have full support for VU meters and full motorised fader feedback in Central Control. If anyone sees any issues with this it's a bug and I'd like to know about it!

Joe

joedemax

I should also say if anyone wants to play with Central Control without any hardware - check out TouchOSC. We actually include three templates (with sizes for iPhone and iPad) in the Central Control install directory to use :)

Attachments

• Mixer.png
    Mixer.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Replay.png
    Replay.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Switcher.png
    Switcher.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 13

schaukelpirat

@joedemax:
I am new to the Tricaster Universe and I am very interested in your software solution. If I understand correctly, it can only control eight audio channels plus master, right? My problem is: I have to control at least 14 audio channels via midi and would like to use my old A&H Qu-24 as a midi controller for TC 2. What can I do? Alternatively, can two X-Touch (with different assignments) be operated at the same time via Central Control or does the software only accept one controller?
Best regards from Austria,
Georg

fgolman

You can use multiple controllers at the same time, no additional cost. OR you could use one controller and program multiple layers, channel 1-8 and 9-18 on each layer. I do the latter and control two separate systems, one for each layer. Works great. Use the X-Touch Universal.

Cheers!

Fritz Golman

kencee

I wanted to control my X32 with Central Control but not succed. If somebody knows I need few details. Thank U!

schaukelpirat

OK. I tried it with the A&H Qu-24. Central Control recognizes the device (selection in the list: X-Touch Universal) and I can also select the Qu-24 as Midi In and Midi Out. But after assigning the faders and buttons and (re-) activating both devices, nothing happens. I did everything according to the instructions in the tutorial - the only difference I can see: the [Jump to Control] and [Quick Assign] buttons are not blue when they are switched on, but gray. Quick Assign works anyway. What's wrong? All channels in the Qu-24 are set to midi, the mixer uses the Mackie protocol - shouldn't that work?

Top Bottom