FUSION & NUKE EXR files?

klanderud

:cry: I am having a problem with the demo version of Fusion and I am unable to view the EXR files, once in a while I am able to open one, but I still only see a few channels such as RGBA and Z. On the other hand, with the demo version of Nuke I can see all 66+ channels. Is it because the Fusion I am using is a little old (v5.02) or is it not available for the demo version.

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
In Fusion you have to select the channels beyound RGBA that you'd like to use in the loader.
You should also get a newer demo version, it is at 5.2 now and has slightly better openEXR handling.

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Erm, one last question... which openEXR saver did you use? NewTeks only writes RGBA.

Cheers,
Mike

klanderud

I have been using exr files from other programs. That kind of scares me, because exr is so useful, I have not tried Lightwave version of it yet, I am going to have to really look into that.

Thanks for the reply

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
klanderud said:
I have been using exr files from other programs. That kind of scares me, because exr is so useful, I have not tried Lightwave version of it yet, I am going to have to really look into that.

Thanks for the reply
Well, you can use the LW buffer save to save multiple exrs containing the buffers you need.
Plug: Then there is always exrTrader of course ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Top Bottom