Frozen Animation

lardbros

Not so newbie member
One of the best ways to speed up renders is to crank up your samples exactly where the noise is occurring, and raising the Adaptive sampling threshold to 0.05 or something. It tends to be the camera samples that spend waaay too long on an area trying really hard to clean up the noise.

I'm just not sure, with the old ffx which samples clean it up, whether it's refraction or reflection ones.

Good luck!
 

Adaptive sampling
i never got that good results with it unfortunately,

made a test just now,
Adaptive sampling 0.01 - 3min 1sec
Adaptive sampling 0.05 - 3min 2sec
Adaptive sampling 0.10 - 3min 1sec



edit; actually, i get a -slightly- better result with AS off...   

min5 - max10 - AS 0.01 - 3min 1sec
min15 - 3min 1sec
 
Last edited:

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
Adaptive sampling used to put a big impact on rendering with lower numbers..I havent noticed much of a difference either in 2019.
 

btw, in Gi panel, you might wanna turn ISBG off actually. the despike will fix it instead.
shaves of ~10% rendertime

(seems to work at least, so far)
 

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
Related to the Let it Go project, I've also been modeling Arendelle, which will be used in a planned project, and possibly as part of the main project here.

I've modeled most of the castle and been working on some of the detailing as I work my way up and out...Will be working on the outer walls and ramparts next to get them in.

The finishe work will be animated, but will also be used to (if Im able to work out all the parts) be split up for printing....so, now here's some pics, cause thats the real reason ya'll are looking....

Arendelle000_010.jpgArendelle000_011.jpgArendelle000_012.jpgArendelle000_013.jpgArendelle000_014.jpgArendelle000_015.jpg
 

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
Thanks. I'm trying to get as close to the original as I can, but I have to fill in alotta blanks...and dont get me started on the interior sets vs exterior...lol (yeah, I do plan on trying to fit as much of the interior sets as I can).
 

cool
beware tho that the artists often cheat, so that the interior is actually not a correct representation.

the interiors are often made larger than they actually should be.

much like movie sets.
 

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
I did actually work out alot of the floors and rooms in a virtual environment....but ive since made some changes to the model, which breaks alot of it...lol.
 
Related to the Let it Go project, I've also been modeling Arendelle, which will be used in a planned project, and possibly as part of the main project here.

I've modeled most of the castle and been working on some of the detailing as I work my way up and out...Will be working on the outer walls and ramparts next to get them in.

The finishe work will be animated, but will also be used to (if Im able to work out all the parts) be split up for printing....so, now here's some pics, cause thats the real reason ya'll are looking....

View attachment 148331View attachment 148332View attachment 148333View attachment 148334View attachment 148335View attachment 148336

Nice work! Did you use LWCAD for any of that?
 

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
Newp, no LWCAD, thats all just the tools Modeler has. I keep meaning to get LWCAD someday.

The filagree on the main front area I made using photoshop to make the filargee, then saved out a bw image to use as a stamp in zbrush, which I booleaned from a cube, then ran decimation master on to reduce it down from 300k polys.

- - - Updated - - -

Newp, no LWCAD, thats all just the tools Modeler has. I keep meaning to get LWCAD someday.

The filagree on the main front area I made using photoshop to make the filargee, then saved out a bw image to use as a stamp in zbrush, which I booleaned from a cube, then ran decimation master on to reduce it down from 300k polys.

- - - Updated - - -

Newp, no LWCAD, thats all just the tools Modeler has. I keep meaning to get LWCAD someday.

The filagree on the main front area I made using photoshop to make the filargee, then saved out a bw image to use as a stamp in zbrush, which I booleaned from a cube, then ran decimation master on to reduce it down from 300k polys.
 
Top Bottom