Exported After Effects livegfx file didn't work in TC2 Elite

etclark

I created a lower third in After Effects with some motion graphics and used the LiveGraphics extension to output a livegfx file with supporting folder. When I added it to a buffer on the TC2, the lower third was not visible, and when I assigned the buffer to a DSK, nothing appeared when I overlaid the DSK on Program. The AE project consisted of a Photoshop psd with layers for the various shapes and text elements. The motion graphic worked as expected in AE.

I also created a separate project in After Effects that did not contain anything from Photoshop. It did show up in the buffer and I was able to assign it to a DSK and use it.

Is there something about the Photoshop file that made the livegfx unusable?

etclark

I am. The fact that another project worked just fine made me wonder if it was something other than the version of AE I’m using. The only difference between the two projects is that the one that failed imported a psd file.

Mr How

We had the exact same thing happen. This was the response we got from NewTek:

• Make sure you are on AE 2020 (v17.7), not AE 2021 (v18.x).
  • Make sure in AE Preferences, that ‘Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network’ is enabled under ‘Scripting and Expressions’
  • Make sure you are using Premium Access v201124 (not the original version from 2018). Download and reinstall if not sure.

sclaws

I reported this issue some time ago...still waiting for a PA update to address it. AE v17.7 does work .

Top Bottom