LightWave Fan Boi
"O'Brien to Picard.".
"Go ahead Chief.".
"The cargo has arrived sir. Where should I put it?"
"Put it on the roof rack Chief".

In all seriousness though. That's just gorgeous work. 👏👏👏👏👏

prometheus

REBORN
That is one way to celebrate true history, in the future of fiction :)
somehow it makes me recall "Star Trek - First contact"

Unfortunately though, I do not believe Nasa are working on any warp speed... yet.

Planeguy

That is one way to celebrate true history, in the future of fiction :)
somehow it makes me recall "Star Trek - First contact"

Unfortunately though, I do not believe Nasa are working on any warp speed... yet.
It will probably be left to private companies. NASA just doesn't seem to have the "punch" and sense of adventure they had in the early days. Maybe we'll get another space race now with China coming in strong

prometheus

REBORN
It will probably be left to private companies. NASA just doesn't seem to have the "punch" and sense of adventure they had in the early days. Maybe we'll get another space race now with China coming in strong
I don´t believe that it is a question of motivation, resources and money, but rather they simply have no clue on the scientific part to make fiction reality.
Chris Hadfield a former Astronaut explains in this video, the video should start at the time where he describes what´s going on..

Planeguy

I don´t believe that it is a question of motivation, resources and money, but rather they simply have no clue on the scientific part to make fiction reality.
Chris Hadfield a former Astronaut explains in this video, the video should start at the time where he describes what´s going on..

I'll have to check it out later. He's a cool dude

Bill Carey

there is no sanctuary....
It will probably be left to private companies. NASA just doesn't seem to have the "punch" and sense of adventure they had in the early days. Maybe we'll get another space race now with China
I agree. If I was looking to be an astronaut these days I'd be applying ay SpaceX, not NASA. Musk has the same fever as this country used to have in the 60's.

prometheus

REBORN
I agree. If I was looking to be an astronaut these days I'd be applying ay SpaceX, not NASA. Musk has the same fever as this country used to have in the 60's.
It still isn´t an option to solve the fictional idea of warp speed, which whas what Planeguy answered on foremost, but I suppose ..in the name of misunderstanding you right, you agreed on the latter part :D

Planeguy

Indeed. Although NASA will probably be here for a lot longer. They just don't have the Clint Eastwood approach to space anymore lol.

Planeguy

Yeah, he´s a good narrator to explain things, first heard of him when they aired that tv show " Do you got what it takes to be an astronaut"
which explains why he's done so good with the media career part of it. Other modern astros after retiring they just seem to disappear. Hadfield was onto something when he started playing the guitar in space haha

prometheus

REBORN
which explains why he's done so good with the media career part of it. Other modern astros after retiring they just seem to disappear. Hadfield was onto something when he started playing the guitar in space haha
Absolutely, I agree..

You got to make it a bit entertaining and fun.
We had our first and only Astronaut Christer Fuglesang upt there for some days in 2006 (Not recognizing Jessica Meir who is born and living and representing the Usa as an astronaut, though she has Swedish citizenship)

Back home he´s been doing what he can to attract public interest to space, but mostly some minor interviews I think, he would need a whole show/program that is special, just like Chris has.
But in all honestly, Chris has Way more talent as a speaker and narrator than Christer Fuglesang..who seem to be struggling with words and explaining things...and that in his native Swedish Language.

Planeguy

Absolutely, I agree..

You got to make it a bit entertaining and fun.
We had our first and only Astronaut Christer Fuglesang upt there for some days in 2006 (Not recognizing Jessica Meir who is born and living and representing the Usa as an astronaut, though she has Swedish citizenship)

Back home he´s been doing what he can to attract public interest to space, but mostly some minor interviews I think, he would need a whole show/program that is special, just like Chris has.
But in all honestly, Chris has Way more talent as a speaker and narrator than Christer Fuglesang..who seem to be struggling with words and explaining things...and that in his native Swedish Language.
Yeah, I can relate, some people have an easier way to express themselves. This is a highly unusual skill among aviators and astronauts lol.

prometheus

REBORN
Maybe a bit of topic in Your thread, but we love space and space movies don´t we, and since talking about Chris Hadfield describing things, I may have posted this youtube vid elsewhere though...in such case here it comes again.

It´s Fun to see his reactions on the space movies, Armageddon..sigh (we are coming in hot..😁)
But 2001 and Apollo 13 got the best reviews as for being realistic.
Starwars, Star trek and not even the contact movie didn´t make it to the reviews though.

Top Bottom