Encoder for phone

larcar

I just purchased and installed the NDI HX Camera on my Android phone. When I open the app there is an error message saying "No suitable encoder found" and the screen is black. What can I do to fix this error?

Jarno

Post-LW Engineer
What is the make and model of the phone, and what version of Android is it running?

---JvdL---

larcar

What is the make and model of the phone, and what version of Android is it running?

---JvdL---
Sorry, I forgot to include that information. Thanks for asking. My phone is a Blu G60, and the Android version is 9.

Jarno

Post-LW Engineer
Unfortunately that is not a phone I have access to in order to test.
Looking at the specs, it may be that the camera or display doesn't have a resolution suitable for the app.

---JvdL---

larcar

Unfortunately that is not a phone I have access to in order to test.
Looking at the specs, it may be that the camera or display doesn't have a resolution suitable for the app.

---JvdL-
The resolution is 720x1520. Thanks anyway. :)

there is an error message saying "No suitable encoder found" and the screen is black.
I am NOT a subject matter expert on this topic. Far from it. However, my opinion:

The NDI HX camera app may require a hardware h.264 encoder. If your Blu G60 is using a software h.264 encoder, NDI HX camera might never work on that particular phone.

larcar

I am NOT a subject matter expert on this topic. Far from it. However, my opinion:

The NDI HX camera app may require a hardware h.264 encoder. If your Blu G60 is using a software h.264 encoder, NDI HX camera might never work on that particular phone.
Thanks for the input. :) (y)

Top Bottom