• Dear NewTek ( now Vizrt) community,
    We are merging and updating our forum to join it with the Vizrt Forum. Here's what you need to know:
    All existing threads, posts, knowledge articles, and user accounts will be seamlessly migrated.
    Once the merge is completed, the old forums will no longer be accessible.
    We are making this move to unite our Vizrt and NewTek forums, creating a new, enhanced experience for our community members and technology users.
    We will notify you once the change has been made and the new forum is live.
    Thank you for your continued support in our growing community!

DXF import no longer working

pnevai

Well for some reason since the upgrade from Lightwave 10 importing 3D DXF's result in an empty file in Lightwave 2018. The program seems to open the file but then shows no objects in any layer. Lightwave claims the file is open but with no contents. Please make it work like it used to. I see no point tin upgrading to 2019 unless this is fixed and now need to have two lightwave revisions installed in order to properly open DXF files.

I tested loading a dxf file through the standard object loader and got a number of unsupported error messages meaning many parts of the dxf could not be read by Lightwave. I think this is very common and should be expected with many dxf files unless your using a proper converter or loader. Don't rely on the built in one.

Back
Top Bottom