DVD Workshop SE Menu

Ed Wallick

I completed my first project into a DVD with help from all of you. That was 1:20 in length and now I started in with my second one which is 1:13 in length. Everything went along smoothly and seemed to be no problem all the way through testing and then burning it in the "Finish" section of DVD WS2 SE. I burned to the A07 just as I did with the first one.

I took it to test it in a DVD player, menu came up as it should, I picked one of the middle buttons and the counter showed it going to where it should but it didn't play. I pressed Play, Enter and nothing could make it play. I returned to the menu and pressed the arrow for play all and it played.

I went back to DVD WS2 SE and tested the menu again in the Finish section and every button took it to the right place and it started playing there as it should.

I checked all settings and they seem to be where I remembered they were on the first successful DVD.

Anyone have a clue as to what is wrong? Simply a bad burn? Surely not bad media - Taiyo Yuden Watershield - haven't had a bad one of those yet.

Ed

ScorpioProd

XDCAM HD production
wvp said:
That said, it seems kinda pointless to have a list if its not going to play things in that order (i.e. chapter 4, followed by the menu).
Perhaps there is a setting that enables this? Curiosity will have me check now :)
Not pointless if you have separate titles you want to play. If you look at a lot of tutorial DVDs, for instance, you will find many have all the separate sections as actual separate titles, probably for this very purpose.

Tom Wood

Amused
I may have to eat my words...

Testing the playback at the FINISH tab in DVD WS SE the playback does continue beyond the end of a given chapter, like Eugene says. But I could have sworn that a burned DVD didn't act that way. I'll have to make a coaster DVD and try it again just to satisfy my curiosity, but for now I'll defer to Eugene's far more extensive experience.

wvp

Toaster Oven
ScorpioProd said:
Not pointless if you have separate titles you want to play. If you look at a lot of tutorial DVDs, for instance, you will find many have all the separate sections as actual separate titles, probably for this very purpose.
I wasn't saying its pointless to HAVE a list - just that it doesn't make sense to have a list that says "play chapter 2" then "menu" when really what it does is start playing from chapter 2 until the end, then go to menu.
You concept is more likely why the "list" feature is there -I suppose one could start at chpater 2, title 1, then have it play title 2?
In any case, I rarely use WS now, prefering the more powerful DVD Lab.

Top Bottom