draw order problem with w3d

gordonbaty

Hi, I'm having a problem with my exported w3d that I haven't seen before. I've overcome all sorts of bone-related problems but this one seems to be something else. I've got a head model which looks fine until I get it into Director. The mouth and teeth are showing through the front of the model as if the face polys are being drawn behind. I've attached the w3d and a screenshot of the model in director next to the model in modeler. Has anyone had this problem before? Be great to hear if you solved it... :help:

I've had some great help on this forum before so I hope you guys can help me out again!

Attachments

• lw_dir_head_prob.jpg
    lw_dir_head_prob.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 254
  • fem_head_base.w3d.zip
    637.7 KB · Views: 250

Sam_Horton

It could be a few things that I can think of off the top of my head.

If you are using any transparent textures on the mesh it will really mess up the draw order.

If you have submeshes (the teeth for instance) in very close proximity to other polys it could affect the draw order as well.

ATI graphics cards seem to have more trouble with handling the older directx7 stuff than nvidia cards do in my experience at least.

Hope this helps a little. I'm sure there are others here that can provide more input as well.

gordonbaty

It was the transparency. When you mentioned that I remembered that the texture image is a PSD with layers containing transparency. I flattened the image and the export worked fine after that.

Thanks, you just saved me hours of head scratching!

Top Bottom