Drag and drop not working in SE with Win 10

Richvideo

Does anyone else running windows 10 have this issue?

When I try to drag a video or audio file to the SE timeline from Windows explorer it will not do it, pre Windows 10 I always could do this action. I am forced now to do it only from the file bin.

Last edited:

kanep

NewTek SE
Just tried it here. Windows 10 + SpeedEdit 2.6.2, was able to drag and drop from an Explorer window onto SE timeline without issue.

Richvideo

Which build of Windows 10 are you running? I did the big Fall Update back in Nov and my version 1511 (build 10586.63)
You can find the build in win 10 by typing in Winver in the search bar in the Start menu

kanep

NewTek SE
Which build of Windows 10 are you running? I did the big Fall Update back in Nov and my version 1511 (build 10586.63)
You can find the build in win 10 by typing in Winver in the search bar in the Start menu

That is the version I'm using. It's also the Home edition of Win10 as well.

Richvideo

I finally figured out the fix to this problem--You have to turn off compatibility mode for the Speededit EXE as well as the checking off the run as administrator mode. I ran it like that with Win7 with no issues but in Win10 it will prevent Drag and Drop from working. I don't remember why I had SE running in this mode, I think that SE had a bug at some point that would crash it out and running it in compatibility and administrator mode was the workaround to avoid that bug.

Top Bottom