DP Kit and Bryphi's tutorial problem...

lardbros

Not so newbie member
Hey everyone,

I'm just following
this tutorial and was all going great until the time stamp I've pasted in.

I cannot get the DP Kit 'Rotate' node to work with the delta value. It seems to reset my scale on the entire object, rather than use delta values.
I'm on the most up-to-date DP Kit nodes but wondered if I was doing something wrong, or if there might possibly be a bug with the Rotate node?

Please see attached images for explanation

Connected without Rotate node
Connected using Rotate node.

What's weird is if I use the syringe tool to pick up the values, it also shows that the delta isn't being fed through the node. (Although, I know that the syringe tool in the node editor isn't always very accurate or useful.

Has anyone got any ideas? Was wondering if there was another node I could use that might bypass the Rotate node.

I tried Bryphis Content in Lightwave 2020.02. and it seems to work. I am using the latest version of DPkit_2018_x64 on this computer. Without more detailed information it is hardly possible to find an error.

ciao
Thomas

lardbros

Not so newbie member
I tried Bryphis Content in Lightwave 2020.02. and it seems to work. I am using the latest version of DPkit_2018_x64 on this computer. Without more detailed information it is hardly possible to find an error.

ciao
Thomas
I don't think there was more to it Thomas. I tried with the newest DP Kit which was dated July 2021 and it didn't work as I expected.
Maybe Denis had already updated the files when you downloaded? :) He works fast!

I don't think there was more to it Thomas. I tried with the newest DP Kit which was dated July 2021 and it didn't work as I expected.
Maybe Denis had already updated the files when you downloaded? :) He works fast!

I saw Denis' reply after I already posted my post. Since I did not have the latest version of DPkit installed, I downloaded the latest version just for the test. Was probably already the new one. Denis works very very fast. :)

ciao
Thomas

prometheus

REBORN
I saw Denis' reply after I already posted my post. Since I did not have the latest version of DPkit installed, I downloaded the latest version just for the test. Was probably already the new one. Denis works very very fast. :)

ciao
Thomas
Denis often do react fast and reply fast, provided he has seen the stuff posted.

Just wish we could get a little more procedurals, though I would urge him to work on those he has for another platform as well.
I could even help with a campaign for that..as doing posts, survey..and if possible to get ported, donations...but off topic, so enough on that here.

Top Bottom