Dodge Viper Update...

Capel

The last white ninja...
Ok, so it's probably no match for Lewis's Viper, but i thought i'd post it anyways. I had another thread on the old forum, if anyone remembers. So i'm into the texturing phase. Any suggestions are more than welcome, since this is my first attempt ever at anything like this. So.... open FIRE! (especially you, Lewis) :D

Attachments

• viper_composite copy.jpg
    viper_composite copy.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 389

Lewis

Member # 777
Hi Capel !

OK here is fire :).

No it won't be fire i will just try to help you improve your model.
Model is definately well modeled - no doubt in that.

You could add few more details to improve relistic look.

1. add bottom of car (i can see floor trough car)
2. use double sided surfaces 'coz i now can see interior trough back hood ;).
3. model interior of front lights (you can't get it too realistic by maping this type of lights (viper have 3 bulbs inside of lights).
4. tweak surfaces or add more light 'coz we can't see much of model. or maybe change color of car :).
5. i don't see rain whipers on windsield ? did you model them ? also windshield is kinda very transparent and doesn't reflect anything now - so it looks like there is no glas surface :).
6. rims look too small (like they are only 14") comparing to thick tyres ??
7. car doesn't have logo on front or back - you should make it?

This is just minor things to help you get better model, but even now is very good and you can "hide" soem flaws in crowdy environment but if car is gone be only thing in scene that' need to be updated ;).

I hope you don't mind about my comments ?

Skonk

Lightwave Pimp
Looks great, better than my attemps :) cant really say anymore than lewis.

Oh and @ Lewis, so is your car tute in pdf format? and to get it would i have to buy it on cd? and where would i need to go to order it, website/forum etc..? and how much would it cost to get it here to the uk?

I tried the site listed in you sig.

hehe, oh and sorry for hijacking yer topic Capel.

James..

Lewis

Member # 777
SpankDaddy - i sent you PM about info. We don't wan't to hijack this post anymore :)

Capel - still no update ? j/k :) :) :).

Murphy

The guy nobody likes ^_^
Very nice work Capel. I has come a fair way since the last posts I saw on the old forum. I think lewis is right about the colour though. Keep up the good work. i hope to see new post soon.

If you want I'll post my viper model soon (Its almost finished). Mine is a bit different. I have had to stylise it because i am actualy rendering it with Celshader for one of my anime projects. It still needs a bit of work bit I must admit it dose look kinda coooool ^_^

And lewis could you plese send me the info on you car tute pdf as well. I love the tut but... Im not saying the fact that its a forum/interactive tut its bad or anything it just gets a bit hard to follow sometimes ^_^

Anyways i will see you all next time

Murphy

Capel

The last white ninja...
Man, I've been tweaking the windshield to get some kind of reflection on there. Any suggestions would be great. I suck at texturing! :D

Whelkn

Absorbs Lightning
Hey Chris,

Have you tried reflecting an image. That may help you. Just a thought anyway. Looks great

Jeremy

Lewis

Member # 777
Hi Capel !

You don't need to tweak surfaces for windsield to omuch. Just use LWs preset for glas (that one with IOR 1.0). Its very good and you just can adjust transparency to lower than 95% or so. For nice reflections you need environment :). YOu can't ger reflection od glas if you put car in empty environment. Use models for environment or use HDRI for environment / reflections.

Capel

The last white ninja...
Ok, i added a fresnel shader on the body, sized up the rims, added the logo on the front and back(still have to texture it) Hey lewis, did you have any reference image for the windshield wiper on your viper. I searched high and low on the net for one with no luck. I'm still working on the windshield. I'll try what you said, Lewis. ANyhoo, it's getting there. Any more cits would be much appreciated.:D

Attachments

• viper_composite_front_1.jpg
    viper_composite_front_1.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 291

Capel

The last white ninja...
Ok, quick compositing question... ummm, i rendered off the car separate from the white environment and shadow. So when i composite, i keep getting black behind the windshield from the black background in lightwave, if you'll notice. How can i get this to be white?

Capel

The last white ninja...
ok, fixed the white behind the windshield. Also textured the little diamond logo on the front. Any more suggestions would be AWESOME. :D

Attachments

• viper fixed.jpg
    viper fixed.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 235
Top Bottom