DO YOU NEED A MONSTER SPLASH?

That's pretty. Can it splash onto the ground or is the space to sim limited to where the geometry is/was? Trying to understand how it could do splashing, as well.
Without that splash over the sides it looks like the early days of sims. Pretty, but limited.

RPSchmidt

I'm pretty sure for the sim he just limited the collision area to a cube to cut down render time for his example.

If he made the liquid come from a tube or pipe and the base geometry and a ground plane were the collision objects, it would splash over the sides and onto the "ground".

His previous tests had more complex geometry (flowing out and down a decline and pooling) so I imagine that his most recent splash changes would still translate to any of his previous collision mock-ups.

LightWaveGuru

That's pretty. Can it splash onto the ground or is the space to sim limited to where the geometry is/was? Trying to understand how it could do splashing, as well.
Without that splash over the sides it looks like the early days of sims. Pretty, but limited.
the splash is limited because it is simulated in a box, which you can also see with the white outlines in the video. if you simulate it without a box, it will naturally spread on the floor, for example.

snip LWGuru

LightWaveGuru

I'm pretty sure for the sim he just limited the collision area to a cube to cut down render time for his example.

If he made the liquid come from a tube or pipe and the base geometry and a ground plane were the collision objects, it would splash over the sides and onto the "ground".

His previous tests had more complex geometry (flowing out and down a decline and pooling) so I imagine that his most recent splash changes would still translate to any of his previous collision mock-ups.

Right. This can be done with any geometry, even much more complex ones. these tests are only used to study the parameters of the pic-flip solver, and a box like this is perfectly adequate for this purpose. you can save these parameters and thus create a libary.

snip LWGuru

Top Bottom