Different Output for Remote Guests with Program and Countdown Overlay on Mixed Effect

laptoph

I try to output the Program with an additional Key showing the Countdown (DDR2 or Buffer) for the Remote Guests, which get the Signal with NDI Virtual Webcam (eg. MIX4), but I dont find a way to show Program on an M/E with additional Video Layer for the Countdown, any Ideas? Thanks.

TC2 Eilite

mikeydanger

I'd like to get DDR countdown on my stage monitors for talent also (without taking whole multiview quadrant), so curious to hear ideas also.

edtrbob

If I understand your question correctly, the sticking point is that the TC2s send MIX 1video and Master Audio to Zoom, and we all want MIX 1 to be our Program/Broadcast output. Instead, I send ME1 to MIX 1 with a countdown clock or video packages down MIX 1, and use MIX 2 for my Program/Broadcast feed. The delay in seeing themselves in program back to Zoom was causing issues for guests (especially international guests), so we give them a simple return from MIX 1. I also setup my MASTER Audio as a mix-minus for zoom (leaving out any pre-show music from the feed), and use AUX 1 audio routed to MIX 2 as my program/broadcast audio. It sounds more complicated than it is... anybody else have a better solution?

FrankPW

hmm,
TC2 ELITE with 8 INs + 8 OUTs !
All in use? If not maybe ´patch´ one of the SDI OUTs (with Program) to one of the SDI INs, and use this IN with one of the MEs for your additional Key and ´pass´ this ME to one of the 8 MIX OUTs ?

just some tech thinking, and pretty sure I have missed someting here for the workflow setup you are looking for

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
All in use? If not maybe ´patch´ one of the SDI OUTs (with Program) to one of the SDI INs ...
Just to meniton it, this can be done without an SDI cable by assigning an NDI output back to an input.

laptoph

This cpuld be it, I assign eg Input XX with NDI Program (eg mix1) and use Mix8 -which includes Input XX and the Countdown Key- to feed the remote Guests with Virtual Webcam Mix8.

Thank you very much!!

For the Countdown Timer I use the Datalink Timer 2, works very well, thanks to Kane Peterson, the author!

edtrbob

Just out of curiosity, what are you using to provide the countdown clock overlay?
I use Kane's Datalink Timer. ME1 feeds Zoom with presets for the timer full, or the timer keyed in the lower right corner over one of the DDRs when playing back a package. I bring full screen GFX/PPT in via zoom, using the Zoom Bridge from Andre Savic, same for my main presenters. His app works a bit better in my world that the built-in tool on the TC2, mostly because in the corp world Senior Execs arrive late and leave early. This allows me to pin them as needed and nothing shifts as they come and go.

Top Bottom