Deep Rising Fx: Potential fluid simulator

darkChief

Hi Everyone,

There will be a sale going on till the end of August (15% off). I thought it would be a good time to do this because of everything happening in the world.

If you're an existing user, Deep Rising FX v3.0.2 is now available, fixing the .Obj export issue.

Hi Everyone,

There will be a sale going on till the end of August (15% off). I thought it would be a good time to do this because of everything happening in the world.

If you're an existing user, Deep Rising FX v3.0.2 is now available, fixing the .Obj export issue.

Is there a sale for upgrades too? I cannot find any prize for upgrades on your webside.

ciao
Thomas

darkChief

Is there a sale for upgrades too? I cannot find any prize for upgrades on your webside.

ciao
Thomas

Upgrades for any prior version are $150.00. To access upgrade pricing, just follow the upgrade button on the product website, and enter your LW product key.

regards,

Mambo

Summary over at CG Channel >

http://www.cgchannel.com/2020/03/de...z5p6lCPnIBNQC3iGM_0p1i4DWveMd6x0r0ssOubDb_juw

darkChief

Don't forget, there is a sale going on till the end of August (15% off Deep rising FX) for new seats.

Also, if you want to get better with foam, check this out:

darkChief

2 More Weeks Until the Sale Ends (15% off Deep rising FX). If you haven't had the chance to purchase Deep Rising FX, this the perfect time.

Pick one, or several...

-Lack of Foam
-Lack of Motion Blur
-Lack of Resolution

these are just examples, i'm sure you can think of others.

----------

if it is worth it to make a LITE however, (work-load) i cannot answer.

but as an introduction, for a later upgrade to PRO, it could be.

----------

there is also the Rent to Own option.

Last edited:

darkChief

Well I'm beginning to believe the laws of supply and demand do not work in this particular market. I believe the low prices are what kill a lot of plugins / niche software. What I see is a that sales are ranged by a big spread. Lower prices attract new customers, but don't necessarily create recurring sales. Evidence is showing that Its better to have a few good paying customers, who are comfortable with the higher price, they also seem to be the more loyal, and are more likely to upgrade. Just my thoughts and experiences so far.

Combining subscription and perpetual licenses sounds like something worth trying.

Last edited:

peebeearr

Well I'm beginning to believe the laws of supply and demand do not work in this particular market. I believe the low prices are what kill a lot of plugins / niche software. What I see is a that sales are ranged by a big spread. Lower prices attract new customers, but don't necessarily create recurring sales. Evidence is showing that Its better to have a few good paying customers, who are comfortable with the higher price, they also seem to be the more loyal, and are more likely to upgrade. Just my thoughts and experiences so far.

Combining subscription and perpetual licenses sounds like something worth trying.

I think that the lack of eye candy is a very big contributing factor of lower sales. Apart from that, there are plenty of alternatives out there like Blender's native and of course FLIP FLuids. Max has built in fluids as well as Houdini. Many (bigger) studios probably have at least one of those tools in their arsenal. Lightwave artist thend to be the smaller (oneman) studios, I think. According to BlenderMarket FLIP Fluids have over 4500 sales. And that's for a package that already has some kind of fluid simulation.

If you look at the FLIP Fluids demo's, they are quite amazing! The quality of the output is very high. No I have no idea if Deep Rising can match that to be honest? I do have a license of Deep Rising (not 3.0) but never actually used it yet, I just wanted at least 1 fluid simulator within LW as I don't really want to switch around Blender all the time (call me lazy). There are some demo's of Deep Rising (that you made I assume) but they are not to the standards of the FLIP Fluid ones (or Realflow Houdini, etc). If you could match that, I would think that sales will dramatically improve. People don't want to buy if they are not convinced of a certain possible(!) output. I was really close of upgrading but spend my money on an upgrade of LWCAD instead, it just made more business sense in my situation. However, I'm one of those suckers who are easily persuaded into buying if I see awesome eye candy of something.... or integrate fire & smoke, that'll certainly raise my pulse!

What you could do is to make a version available that has an expiry date and do a contest to make some animations to a certain standard and the winner get a free copy of the latest version. In the meantime, you make sure you own all the animations and source files of the submitted material (because that would be in the competition rules) and there you go.small investment for you to have an X number of willing artists to make magic :)

Anyway, keep on developing, I think it's amazing what you (I assume your by yourself) have already achieved!

Some inspiration that people like to see:

Other video's:
More FLIP Fluids
Manta Flow

darkChief

I think that the lack of eye candy is a very big contributing factor of lower sales. Apart from that, there are plenty of alternatives out there like Blender's native and of course FLIP FLuids. Max has built in fluids as well as Houdini. Many (bigger) studios probably have at least one of those tools in their arsenal. Lightwave artist thend to be the smaller (oneman) studios, I think. According to BlenderMarket FLIP Fluids have over 4500 sales. And that's for a package that already has some kind of fluid simulation.

If you look at the FLIP Fluids demo's, they are quite amazing! The quality of the output is very high. No I have no idea if Deep Rising can match that to be honest? I do have a license of Deep Rising (not 3.0) but never actually used it yet, I just wanted at least 1 fluid simulator within LW as I don't really want to switch around Blender all the time (call me lazy). There are some demo's of Deep Rising (that you made I assume) but they are not to the standards of the FLIP Fluid ones (or Realflow Houdini, etc). If you could match that, I would think that sales will dramatically improve. People don't want to buy if they are not convinced of a certain possible(!) output. I was really close of upgrading but spend my money on an upgrade of LWCAD instead, it just made more business sense in my situation. However, I'm one of those suckers who are easily persuaded into buying if I see awesome eye candy of something.... or integrate fire & smoke, that'll certainly raise my pulse!

What you could do is to make a version available that has an expiry date and do a contest to make some animations to a certain standard and the winner get a free copy of the latest version. In the meantime, you make sure you own all the animations and source files of the submitted material (because that would be in the competition rules) and there you go.small investment for you to have an X number of willing artists to make magic :)

Anyway, keep on developing, I think it's amazing what you (I assume your by yourself) have already achieved!

Thanks for the feedback it is good to hear what people think, especially existing customers. The FLIP Fluids addons reels do look very pretty, and I guess my reels could be improved. It would be nice to have someone dedicated to the artist side on my end who knows what they are doing when it comes to artist side of things (like what the FLIP fluids developer has done with his partner). Anyway I promise to (attempt at least) to improve the presentation of my showcase works. Yes the simulation space is getting crowded, even ZBrush is getting in. Still would be thrilled to even reach half FLIP Fluids sales.

I am really hoping people start producing some work with it, or share what they are already doing. A competition could be a good idea, would need some judges I guess, will think about it.

I do believe Deep Rising can do most of what has been shown, especially with the new integrated SplishSplash solver for high viscosity stuff.

peebeearr

... Still would be thrilled to even reach half FLIP Fluids sales.

I think the price in combination of the eye candy is the major contributor to the sales. $79 and the (illusion) that everyone can create those nice looking fluids just sells!
A large user base also helps though ;-)

Top Bottom