creating transitions

billmi

Paintball Video Geek
Yes.

They can be built LightWave3D using a plugin and separate command line based compiler, or if they are a wipe only (the video does not get deformed) they can be produced directly in Aura using the VT wipe generator filter.

Also, there are folks like myself ( http://corin.com/wipes/custom.shtml ) that build them custom to order.

joseburgos

LiveSet Making Machine
Like Bill said, you make them using LW for advance transitions and Aura for wipes.
I am am one of of those "folks" who make custom DVE's like Bill.
Bill and a few others have been doing it for a lot longer than me as I am kind of the new kid on the block in this regard (only 5/6 years now of doing custom DVE's) and only about one year promoting it as most of my DVE work has been referral.

Take care,

bbailey

Jose,

Have you been able to build a transition using Bluff Titler? If so...how do you do it?

Bob

joseburgos

LiveSet Making Machine
By transition, do you mean DVE? If so, only Aura and Lightwave can make DVE's.
If you mean an overlay, well then just render out an animation using a file format that has alpha channel like you would with any animation software.

Take care,

billmi

Paintball Video Geek
Hey, thanks Patrick!

Nice to get to see that DVE on a quality webcast, too. I admit you've spoiled me to not hang around to the end at World Cup, but to come home and watch the finals from an easy chair, and catch follow-up interviews and quotes by phone.

Bbaily,
Jose's on it - it's got to be lightwave or Aura to make a DVE.

bbailey

My Bluff Title transition is a rotating globe with a title over it moving from infinity toward the camera and past using FOV. The globe and title are in motion but it would render out as a zoom at screen center with alpha. How can I make this a transition for my Tricaster Broadcast?

billmi

Paintball Video Geek
If you can export from Bluff Title into a format that supports alpha channel, that can be imported into Aura and used as the overlay layer in building a DVE. You'd still need to build your wipe layer that defines the wipe style video transition behind the overlay.

bbailey

It sounds like my best bet is to send the "show" file to either you, Bill, or Jose and let you compile it for me. I don't have Aura and since I don't need more than one of these right now, makes more sense to farm it out. I know Jose has Bluff Title. Do you? The file rendered out as a 32bit .avi. But if I send the "show" file you can render it from your end. It takes about 2-3 minutes. What would either of you charge me to compile this and send it back to me?

bbailey

The show file is 6MB and the rendered .avi file is 133MB. I can't attach either of them here. It took 16sec to render. I actually have two versions, now.

billmi

Paintball Video Geek
I don't have Bluff Titler, so I would need the rendered file to compile from. If you'd like to give me a ring, to go over specifics (how the video should be transitioning behind the animation) I can give you a quote.

321-724-4466

bbailey

Bill,

I'm uploading one of the two .avi files now to youtube. When it's finished I'll get the link to you and we can talk. However, suppose I want to do a lot of these? What do I need to be able to compile an .avi file in this manner? Are we talkin' Aura?

I bought 3D Arsenal last year and did some minor animating with it. It came with LW 7.5.
I read about a pluggin but I'm not sure if this is the correct direction to continue toward.

Last edited:

bbailey

Bill,

The transitions I built and sent to you for compiling worked perfectly. I may design a couple more for you to compile.

You sent jpgs with the two transitions that I'm guessing are suppose to be applied to the transition icons. I couldn't figure out how to accomplish it.

Any ideas? I emailed you but it may not have gone thru.

bbailey

Thanks, Bill. I re-loaded the transitions using the simpler method you sent me and everything is perfect.
This was so much fun I wish I could find a copy of Aura. Is it no longer published?

billmi

Paintball Video Geek
Excellent.

Aura is no longer published as a stand-alone product, only as a part of the VT[5] software suite. That's a shame, because although it's quite dated, it is still quite capable.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
I continue to think that anyone serious about this should consider picking up a second-hand VT. There are lots of deals to be had.

Not only would you get a working copy of Aura (and possibly LW depending on the package), you'd get a truckload of other useful functionality - even if you just stuck the card in a PCI slot and installed the software in a case with an old P4 or better, never mind actually setting up a killer system for it.

Top Bottom