Countdown Timer

edtrbob

What's your favorite countdown timer app? My Win 10 timer just went away in an upgrade. I put the countdown in a pip for producers, and I send it out to Live Call Connect for the Zoom meeting (I feed zoom with an ME so I can change between videos, graphics/PPT, and the timer)

DLVid

I downloaded and installed the DataLink Timer app (against Windows Defenders' advice). I launched the installer, then launched Tricaster TC2-E. I opened a browser on another computer on the same network and input the IP of the Tricaster plus /timer. I then get a popup asking for a user name. I have tried admin, Admin, Administrator, TC2-Elite, SYSTEM and so far no luck. Any recommendations?

fgolman

I think Admin, Newtek.

You can also turn off or create your own from the option in the Admin menu.

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

kanep

NewTek SE
If you have the LivePanel password enabled, then you will be prompted for the username and password. If you haven't changed anything it will be 'admin' for both. Otherwise, it will be 'admin' and whatever password you set.

Also, if the other system happens to be an iOS device, you might need to disable the LivePanel password as not all versions of iOS support digest authentication.

DLVid

Working well, thanks. Heading to the donate button after show. Thoughts for future enhancements: Text and background color options. Color change at a preset time to draw attention. Multiple time presets so you don't need to re-type a new time during show.

kanep

NewTek SE
I like the idea to change the background colors of the countdown timer.

I've already added the code to do this, but lets bounce a few ideas around. Currently, it changes yellow, then to red. When the counter hits zero it turns a brighter red.

So what values should it change at?

10 seconds/5 seconds?
30 seconds/10 seconds?
1 minute/30 seconds?

I'll probably look to add some UI to set your own values, but what you think they should default to?

DLVid

On a long segment (10 minutes plus), I would change to yellow at 1:30 and then red at :30. I like the brighter red idea at :00. On shorter segments, yellow at :30 and red at :10 is useful: Think "lightning round". The option to continue counting up or hold at :00 would be handy. If a hold at :00 maybe having the digits flash.

kanep

NewTek SE
I just uploaded a new version of the Timer app. This adds the yellow/red color changes, it defaults to 30 and 10 seconds but you can edit that in the app. It also fixed a bug where if you started the countdown timer when it was at zero, it would lock up the app.

DLVid

I downloaded and installed the new version. In the app, I see the background color change as you describe but on theTC2E, the background remains black. Might this have something to do with the Title template? I'm currently using "Aero Center Image". Do you recommend a specific template? Also, I do not see where to change the color/time settings in the app. The interface looks the same as the previous version.

kanep

NewTek SE
DataLink allows you to change the text. The color change feature is inside the web app itself for visual indication. Changing colors inside title templates is not something that can be done, if that capability is added in a future version of the TriCaster, I'll add it into the web app.

To alter when the color changes occur, click on the green 'button' found in the upper, right corner of the UI. It has the model of your TriCaster listed in it.

DLVid

Got it, thanks. Changing color in the GUI for the operator is a nice confirmation of what the speaker sees. We like the color to change so the speaker notices. Too bad that's not available yet but it's not a deal breaker.

Top Bottom