Controlling Tricaster Through Remote Desktop

jantzen

Hello all!

I use a Tricaster Mini at work to direct sports, right now specifically basketball. We do a multi-cam show with an announcer and commercials that are ran through the DDR. I am about to go on maternity leave and have been experimenting with accessing my Tricaster through a Remote Desktop with TeamViewer, just in case the director that will be covering for me needs a night off. Visually it works great, except I hear no audio from the Tricaster. I emailed NewTek support and here's what they said: "TeamViewer captures system audio, meaning that it will transmit any sounds run through Windows. However, audio run through the TriCaster's Input/Output Panel is operated exclusively by the TriCaster software, and does not go through Windows. This means that TeamViewer cannot transmit any sound produced by the TriCaster software."

Has anyone else had any success with accessing their Tricaster through a Remote Desktop?

joedemax

Hi,

If you have advanced edition, you can route the TC program audio (or busses) to a Window sound card. If you send it to the main playback soundcard in Windows, this will allow TeamViewer to capture it.

I would not recommend TeamViewer for performance reasons. We have had great success using Parsec for this. Bear in mind neither are supported by NewTek.

Joe

kanep

NewTek SE
Now that NDI Bridge is available, this would be the recommend way to share the TriCaster UI over the Internet. Make sure NDI-KVM is enabled on your TriCaster system and set Bridge on another computer, it can make the NDI-KVM available to anyone with Bridge and NDI Studio Monitor on the other side (both of which are free with NDI Tools and can be used together on the same system).

edtrbob

Following up on Kane's comment - I have a "proxy" machine setup that I connect with via TeamViewer, and it connects to the TriCaster via NDI Studio Monitor and using the NDI KVM. Doing as many as six shows a day with the entire crew working remotely - all solid.

sclaws

Hi,

If you have advanced edition, you can route the TC program audio (or busses) to a Window sound card. If you send it to the main playback soundcard in Windows, this will allow TeamViewer to capture it.

I would not recommend TeamViewer for performance reasons. We have had great success using Parsec for this. Bear in mind neither are supported by NewTek.

Joe
+1 for Parsec. Been using for awhile now. Works great without pestering my IT folks for an open port to use for Bridge. Happily ditched Teamviewer.

rlsafran

I've been using Splashtop for my remote TD without any issues for the last several months. They just recently did an update that improved its performance and you can get sound and use a local mic for TalkBack. We used TeamViewer last year and my remote TD would Skype in to hear the show. Latency was acceptable.

edtrbob

As for TeamViewer audio and the TC2 - I use two NDI windows. I set the first to "Silent" and use it for MultiView 1, then I open a 2nd window and set it to my MIX output for audio monitoring. Hope that helps...

Top Bottom