CG callbacks and timers

And you can click on the small CGDesigner or CGPlayer icon on top of the VT screen wrok bar, the CGDesigner/CGPlayer will be hide in background. Another click on icon will bring them bak.
 

Cineman

New member
Hi Gang,

This is back up for the simple reason that i have never got it to work. I started trying as soon as John Perkins posted, and really dug in when Chen Pan came in with his 15 minute CountDown, because it was so close to what I needed (5 Minute Countdown). Can't count the number of times i have given up for the day or until a job was out. But now the Church has asked for the 5 Minute CountDown.

It has never worked for me. If I type in "Stuff" that's what gets keyed, and nothing ever happens to it. If I type in the needed "5:00" to start, that just sits on the Program Out, no matter what. I have carefully followed every post to the thread and never see a problem with anything explained. All of that seems to follow what I see and do. There just must be something else that others are doing, perhaps without a second thought, that I am not.

Any help or advise would be so appreciated,

Nes Gurley
 

chribba

New member
Cineman said:
Hi Gang,

This is back up for the simple reason that i have never got it to work. I started trying as soon as John Perkins posted, and really dug in when Chen Pan came in with his 15 minute CountDown, because it was so close to what I needed (5 Minute Countdown). Can't count the number of times i have given up for the day or until a job was out. But now the Church has asked for the 5 Minute CountDown.

It has never worked for me. If I type in "Stuff" that's what gets keyed, and nothing ever happens to it. If I type in the needed "5:00" to start, that just sits on the Program Out, no matter what. I have carefully followed every post to the thread and never see a problem with anything explained. All of that seems to follow what I see and do. There just must be something else that others are doing, perhaps without a second thought, that I am not.

Any help or advise would be so appreciated,

Nes Gurley


Have you rightclicked in some grey area in CG player or CG designer to start the countdown?

chribba
 

Cineman

New member
chribba said:
Have you rightclicked in some grey area in CG player or CG designer to start the countdown?

chribba
Wow, that was fast and thanks chribba.

Yep. And get and select from the drop-down. Then nothing happens.

Nes
 

Ivan

TC User Group
Given that you can see it on the menu, it seems you have it installed correctly. To Get the countdown to start at 5:00 tis is the line you need to change

Target=int(floor(GetTime()/1000))+ 60 * 15 //

Change the 15 to 5

Now to get it to work:

1. Type in any text.
2. on the bottom of CG Designer, select the Layout Tab. You will see:

-Untitled
Text[WhatEverYouTyped]

3. Double Click on Text[WhateverYouTyped] and it will turn into a dark grey box with a curosor.

4. Type CountDown

5. Right click at the top and select "Start Countdown"

Ivan
 

Cineman

New member
Ivan said:
Given that you can see it on the menu, it seems you have it installed correctly. To Get the countdown to start at 5:00 tis is the line you need to change

Quote:
Target=int(floor(GetTime()/1000))+ 60 * 15 //

Change the 15 to 5
Yep. I changed every instance of "15" to "5" in the script.

Ivan said:
Now to get it to work:

1. Type in any text.
Yep.

Ivan said:
2. on the bottom of CG Designer, select the Layout Tab. You will see:

-Untitled
Text[WhatEverYouTyped]
Yep.

Ivan said:
3. Double Click on Text[WhateverYouTyped] and it will turn into a dark grey box with a curosor.
Yep.

Ivan said:
4. Type CountDown
Well, not exactly that. I named my "ToasterScript" "CountDown 5 Minutes", so I had been typing that. Tried it your way....... It worked. :)

5. Right click at the top and select "Start Countdown"

Ivan[/QUOTE]
You got me to it, Ivan. Can't tell you how much I appreciate.

Nes Gurley

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to quickly get rid of the leading "0". Since it is only five minutes, that just hangs out there, adding nothing but a distracter to the display.
 

Cineman

New member
Ivan said:
Given that you can see it on the menu, it seems you have it installed correctly. To Get the countdown to start at 5:00 tis is the line you need to change

Quote:
Target=int(floor(GetTime()/1000))+ 60 * 15 //

Change the 15 to 5
Yep. I changed every instance of "15" to "5" in the script.

Ivan said:
Now to get it to work:

1. Type in any text.
Yep.

Ivan said:
2. on the bottom of CG Designer, select the Layout Tab. You will see:

-Untitled
Text[WhatEverYouTyped]
Yep.

Ivan said:
3. Double Click on Text[WhateverYouTyped] and it will turn into a dark grey box with a curosor.
Yep.

Ivan said:
4. Type CountDown
Well, not exactly that. I named my "ToasterScript" "CountDown 5 Minutes", so I had been typing that. Tried it your way....... It worked. :)

Ivan said:
5. Right click at the top and select "Start Countdown"

Ivan
You got me to it, Ivan. Can't tell you how much I appreciate.

Nes Gurley

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to quickly get rid of the leading "0". Since it is only five minutes, that just hangs out there, adding nothing but a distracter to the display.
 

Ivan

TC User Group
Look for this line:

if(minute<10) txt="0"+string(minute)+":"

It's towards the top. Remove the 0.

You should be able to remove the "0"+ but if you ever need or want the zero again it might be a bit of trouble remembering.

Ivan
 

Cineman

New member
Sorry for the bit of time before this reply, but there was some editing, testing, and sleep between.

Ivan said:
It's towards the top. Remove the 0.
Yes. Saw this was where the leading "0" was getting put in but saw other references in the script to it as well. I also didn't know that I could fix as easily as having nothing between the quotes.

Since there could be others who match my exact same needs, and very well could be:; I had to make one additional edit to the script, Re: the target, since it reverted to "00:00" on reaching that.

Code:
                                sec=Target-int(floor(GetTime()/1000))
                                if(sec<=0) txt="00:00"
I also had to remove the leading "0" there between the quotes. Those two got it working as I need it.

Ivan said:
You should be able to remove the "0"+ but if you ever need or want the zero again it might be a bit of trouble remembering.

Ivan
Somehow, I don't think so, since this has been such agony for me. On a worse case basis, if I ever needed to do a CountDown longer than nine minutes, I could revert back to the fifteen minute version that Chen Pan posted and I started with.

Right now, I need to do a five minute CountDown every week to start Church Service. And for that I'm good to go. I'm eternally grateful to John Perkins who started the thread, Chen Pan, who quickly moved it in the CountDown direction I needed, and to you and chribba who replied to my stumblings, even others who posted much earlier.

Thanks All,

Nes Gurley
 

lvsoule

New member
countdown clock

This countdown clock is just about there for me, but I need to be able to pause the time and then continue without going back up to 15 minutes each time. is there some script to add to achieve this feat.
 

erral

New member
lvsoule said:
This countdown clock is just about there for me, but I need to be able to pause the time and then continue without going back up to 15 minutes each time. is there some script to add to achieve this feat.


Ive got the same question here...
 

geckotv

New member
Hi,
Thank your for the AutoClock ToasterScript ... It's done !

I have a questions : How can i change the format of the clock. The script display the time like : "2:10:43 pm" and i want to display "14:10" Only ...

Thank you for your help and have a nice WE !

GeckO
 

John Perkins

NewTek Staff
You can replace GetLocalTime() with any of the following. (omit the return value - int, Char, etc and the comments - //blah blah blah)

int GetTime <- Number of milliseconds since reboot
int GetTime_SecondsSince1970()

Char GetLocalTime() // 1:43:05
Char GetLocalTime_TimePM() // 1:43:05 pm (hr:min:sec)
Char GetLocalTime_Time24() // 13:43:05 (24hr:min:sec)
Char GetLocalTime_HHMM() // 1:43 (hr:min)
Char GetLocalTime_HHMM24() // 13:43 (24hr:min)
Char GetLocalTime_MMSS() // 3:05 (min:sec)
Char GetLocalTime_PM() // pm
Char GetLocalTime_HH() // 01 (hour)
Char GetLocalTime_HH24() // 01 (24 hour)
Char GetLocalTime_MM() // 06 (minute)
Char GetLocalTime_SS() // 03 (second)
int GetLocalTime_H // 1 (hour)
int GetLocalTime_H24() // 1 (24 hour)
int GetLocalTime_M() // 6 (minute)
int GetLocalTime_S() // 3 (second)
Char GetLocalTime_DateTime() // 1/2/2003 1:43 pm
Char GetLocalTime_DateTime24() // 1/2/3003 13:43
Char GetLocalTime_LongDateTime() // Uses default setting for Long Date & Time
Char GetLocalTime_LongDate() // Uses default setting for Long Date
Char GetLocalTime_Date() // 2/3/2003
Char GetLocalTime_Day() // Monday
Char GetLocalTime_DayAbbrev() // Mon
int GetLocalTime_DayInMonth() // 2 (day in month)
int GetLocalTime_DayInWeek() // 1 (counting 0-6 with Sunday=0)
Char GetLocalTime_Month() // January
Char GetLocalTime_MonthAbbrev() // Jan
int GetLocalTime_MonthNumber")) // 1 (1-12 with January = 1)
Char GetLocalTime_Year() // 2003
Char GetLocalTime_YearAbbrev() // 03
 

kltv

Active member
I think the code John posted at the very top of this thread is still valid and would work just fine in VT[5].

Kris
 
Top Bottom