CARS...CARS...CARS!

wingzeta

I watched the latest video with your post in mind. I don't think ANY of the vehicles have axles. Or drivers or passengers, either.

It's amazing this is being done on x number of video cards with a lot less RAM than you'd think necessary.
The Camero sits higher on its wheels, than the other cars, so it is just more noticeable. It might be possible to simply lower some polys on the bottom of the car body, to fill the empty space between the wheels, so that you can't see that there is nothing between the wheels. That wouldn't add any polys at least. In any case, it is a very impressive scene.

LightWaveGuru

Thanks for sharing this scene development. It is really cool. I know you are budgeting every polygon, but each time I watch the scene versions, I spot the missing axles on the Camero. If there is any room in the budget, it would be worth putting a low poly axle, so the sillouette is what one would expect. If the camera angles were arials, it wouldn't matter, but on street level it shows up. Looking forward to the next one.
ah ok that's a good hint. that goes in any case, I'll do that! Thanks! :)

snip LWGuru

LightWaveGuru

The Camero sits higher on its wheels, than the other cars, so it is just more noticeable. It might be possible to simply lower some polys on the bottom of the car body, to fill the empty space between the wheels, so that you can't see that there is nothing between the wheels. That wouldn't add any polys at least. In any case, it is a very impressive scene.
yes ok no issue. i look again at the original vehicle and then find a solution. thanks for your advice.

snip LWguru

Top Bottom