Camera advice

Jake

Hi everyone,

I'm working on some illustrations and using 3d sets modeled and rendered in Lightwave for backgrounds. In order to reduce the lens distortion on images, I've been moving the camera further away and then zooming in. The problem is then, in the case of more complicated sets, having objects and geometry blocking the thing I want to shoot which is inside the set piece. Aside from removing the geometry that is not actually in the shot, can anyone recommend a trick or workaround for placing the placing the camera closer but avoiding distortion. I hope that makes sense.

Jake

Thanks for the replies everyone. I do use the shift camera sometimes. I think I tried orthographic before and it looked too weirdly flat. I'll look into that and distance dissolve. Ultimately it'll probably boil down to better planning of the scenes.

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
Depending on the shot, you could also use the objects' properties "Unseen by Camera" setting as found in the Render tab.

Jake

Depending on the shot, you could also use the objects' properties "Unseen by Camera" setting as found in the Render tab.
Yes I have been using that. I just had a set piece that had a lot of different elements all in one layer. I ended up going back and putting elements into different layers. Thanks again for the feedback.

Top Bottom