Burning Issues!

videopro5

Scenario: Edit church service, start DVDWS, load VTP as video file. It struggles a little, but comes in. Add chapters via fixed interval, build menu, then start burn. Multiplexes for awhile, then "encounters error" and shuts down.
Now I render project as AVI, do all above processes, project multiplexes, then gets 10% into burning and stops.
Works fine with small projects. Church services are 1- 1 1/2 hours long. AVI file would be around 12g, VTP file obviously much smaller.
I'm very frustrated as this is affecting my productivity. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Jeff

wvp

Toaster Oven
Jeff,
Sounds like you have two problems - the multiplexing and a burning issue. Have you tried making a different DVD? (Different files, etc.)
You should also check to see if the firmware for the drive is up to date - this one thing impacts a lot of issues with disc problems.
Also check out this Ulead link - it offers an update that you may not have for 8x & 16x support.
Many of us use Tmpgenc to encode the video to mpg. Then add this file to DVDworkshop for authoring.
When ready to burn you can also try creating DVD folders and using a program like Nero to do the actual burn.

VICC-TV

how to encode to mpeg

I downloaded the free version. How do I encode to mpeg so that I can use Ulead DVD workshop?
Abraham Lopez

wvp

Toaster Oven
Please do a search on this forum for "tmpgenc" for numerous discussions and links on how best to use the program.
Note that encoding for dvd is really another talent. You can use the wizard in tmpgenc for some help.

PSegarra

I use TMPG for encoding and never had a problem and workshop will work a lot faster when you are ready to burn a DVD. I also make an ISO copy just in case I need it a couple of years down the line.

videopro5

I've done the Ulead updates with no success. I believe it's a software hangup between Ulead and VT since it struggles with the VTP file.
Will the TMPGenc import the VTP file and encode from there, or do I still need to render the project? That's a time-killer itself.
Will the DVDWS burn easier from the MPEG?

Thanks

wvp

Toaster Oven
videopro5 said:
I've done the Ulead updates with no success. I believe it's a software hangup between Ulead and VT since it struggles with the VTP file.
Will the TMPGenc import the VTP file and encode from there, or do I still need to render the project? That's a time-killer itself.

Thanks
TMPGenc can encode from a VTP file, allthough I have found sometimes this does not work (not sure why) and then I need to render the project.
DVDWS WILL NOT give you as good a quality with your VIDEO as TMPGenc will, period. If you are ok with that then by all means use DVDWS to encode. If you are not ok with that then you need to find & learn another solution - TMPGenc is one and is the least expensive.

Tod Cole

Tod Cole
Reinstall

videopro5 said:

Thanks
If you dont have adequate drive space it will do as you describe. If you have adequate space your best bet will to reinstall the Ulead disk.

Last edited:

videopro5

PSegarra said:
I use TMPG for encoding and never had a problem and workshop will work a lot faster when you are ready to burn a DVD. I also make an ISO copy just in case I need it a couple of years down the line.
Do you encode the VTP file in TMPGenc or do you render first? Then do you burn the encoded file in DVDWS?

Jeff

Top Bottom