Bullet Simulation with 1,9 GB DynaCache Size

LightWaveGuru

you can see here a simulation test for an older customer project. i calculated how many parts fit into the machine before the bullet dynamics dynacache with 2 GB overflows. so you can see here the maximum possible number of parts that can be poured out with the collision geometry used. due to the perfect collision geometry (invisible, not rendered) simulation times close to real time were possible.

BTW

Whenever people show me Bullet simulations where the parts jitter, I know that the user has operated the Bullet incorrectly.
The jittering is not a problem of the Bullet. It is a user problem.

the one who is jittering is sitting in front of the screen. LOL :)

snip LWGuru

LightWaveGuru

nice sim, Bullet Jitter, not much. Usually a matter of fps B setting if i recall correct.

the bullet only jitters if the collision grid and the collision geometry are incorrectly chosen or the models are not clean 3 point or 4 point meshes.
this has nothing to do with the fps. only the meshes and the parameters in the bullet itself decide (e.g. accuracy of the simulation)
and if you do everything right there is exactly nothing jittering. the fps is of no significance. :)

snip LWGuru

and if you do everything right there is exactly nothing jittering. the fps is of no significance.
oh, hmm, interesting. info saved, thank you!  

LightWaveGuru

oh, hmm, interesting. info saved, thank you!  

Hi erikals,

this is really true. you can't just take the cad geometry and then believe that the bullet can do something with it. that means in the example all collision objects are remodeled with a constant polygrid of 4 point polygons.(all points/vertices of the polygons always have the same spacing) the bullet can read and evaluate these perfectly. then the simulation is also calculated almost in real time and there are no errors such as falling through parts or jitter effects or other artifacts. you have to create the perfect conditions for the bullet so that it works well.

snip LWGuru

Top Bottom