Black Friday?

prometheus

REBORN
I used the trial mode to play with some youtube downloads and the results are impressive.
Even older low-res clips from Lightwave 10 tutorials look great now.
I will add this nice software to my toolset :)
interesting...it seems worth a look.

prometheus

REBORN
Bit late here but was a bit sick, so this slighty late response from my side:
That the will buy one for you of course would be very cool but highly unlikely I guess. ;-) But I feel the strong urge to add that that is a brillant business model that Adobe has developed there: Sell subs of a CC Suite for a year (the minimum duration, in that Adobe is even multitudes worse than A-Desk) to everyone - all 400 applicants in your case - that will apply for some design job! Wow, never looked at it from that side... ;-) Attention: those all are meant to be ironic smileys here!

p.s.
I clearly believe that even if you know only CS3 or CS4 (or whatever was current in 2013) it would surely qualify you as you probably know at least 90% or more of all relevant tools in PS already anyway... At least CS4 still installs fine under Win10 (an old CreativeSuite4 here, to bad I missed the last possible chance to upgrade to CS6.) There is so few tools that I for instance need to use for the once or two a month print/layout jobs I get booked on (on site of the publisher) that I rarely need to look up anything that came after my outdated version...

Anyway, I hope your investment will pay off and in the end everything is just fine. :)
its most likely a huge number applying for rhe same jobs..official ads..then theres hidden ones that may not have reached the state to any official position..but might.

anyway..I do not have access to older cs versions..and its been too long since i used it ..thus I need to refresh an be uo to date...and just relying on 8 year old knowledge isnt reliable....you just end up proving yourself as rusty when starting a new job.

and its not only photoshop I need...illustrator.indesign.acrobat pro.
after effects and premiere as well.

sory for punctuation..I'm on the mobile phone so that will have to do.

Thank's for the good luck wishes.
:)

Markc

ack ack
It sounds like you have come out of retirement Prometheus.....:cool:

Apologies if I am wrong, I thought I read a while back in one of your threads you where retired.

prometheus

REBORN
It sounds like you have come out of retirement Prometheus.....:cool:

Apologies if I am wrong, I thought I read a while back in one of your threads you where retired.
:eek:

Oh no, you are dead serious ..wrong:p
I might have gobbled about pension previously in some threads.. because I wish to retire at a not too Old age, I turned 56 in oktober, to get the full pension I have to work to 67, if I have planned the pension and set aside other savings and investments, the earliest day to lift the general pension is 64, but not the full pension.

It´s okey though, no hard feelings, we are just old timers mostly not remembering much, and I need to revive the Adobe skillset again, for personal projects it´s been work with Davinci resolve, fusion, inkscape and Krita to avoid the prescription models, but at this particular time in space, I think I need to try something different and invest in more standard tools, also recently had a short course with photoshop, indesign and illustrator, but I don´t think that is enough to be really good in the software.

Still have the educational license which should have ended, but it probably will shut down anytime so better get going with the black friday deal.

prometheus

REBORN
The description/marketing of Adobe products is from Adobe however..A mess.

First off, they shouldn´t have changed the label from creative suite to creative cloud, it will only confuse potential users as it could be mistaken as tools only available online and not installable on computers.

Secondly, they simply can´t provide a proper What´s included total program list on their main page for the Creative Cloud, they say, 20 programs are in the cloud, but they simply do not list them all at once, within these pages they instea put every software in to categories, and mixes them with other products not included in the Creative Cloud, this is misleading.

Here´s one list, but I can´t say for sure those are the ones in there, fuse however should not be in there anymore..so this is not an official list as I know of, and I need to check my account for the full list, which I haven´t yet..too busy with other stuff right now.

Would be nice if they could have a marketing flexibility and offer replacement software not included in cloud, like the option to exclude Dreamweaver web design, and instead choose substance painter etc.

There is now a Cybermonday campaing going on to get the 40% deal until third of December.

Or list directly here from the webpage..
  1. Photoshop
  2. InDesign
  3. Illustrator
  4. Lightroom
  5. Adobe XD
  6. Adobe Premiere Rush
  7. Adobe Premiere Pro
  8. After Effects
  9. Adobe Audition
  10. Adobe Spark
  11. Character Animator
  12. Dimension
  13. Acrobat Pro
  14. Dreamweaver
  15. Animate
  16. Lightroom
  17. ClassicBridge
  18. Media Encoder
  19. InCopy
  20. Prelude

raymondtrace

Founding member
...First off, they shouldn´t have changed the label from creative suite to creative cloud, it will only confuse potential users as it could be mistaken as tools only available online and not installable on computers...
Adobe's stock value, since the advent of CC, suggests this has not been a marketing/communication issue.

prometheus

REBORN
Adobe's stock value, since the advent of CC, suggests this has not been a marketing/communication issue.
It can´t be judged properly, we can only speculate.
Absolutely nothing in that notion can tell wether or not they would have been More sucessful or less than todays sucess, Had they implemented a better description of their content, and a flexible model to choose software, and another name, these are the three components discussed, and each of them obviously having a different value to the success in such case.

What that stock value says is just a confirming of some kind of success and not any definition on wether how more succesful it could have been.
with current model, It could even be a case of them getting users not really knowing what they are buying in to, while I personally just can speculate that they would get more users to buy, based on people being sure of a product content rather than unsure, and based on additional options to actually shape your software content to match more exactly what you need, I also take from myself that I would have bought in to Adobe suite much earlier had I the option to choose contetn.

But ..there is not statistic around the two cases that can be measured by differential between the models, so no statistics to back anything up in either case really.

And again, the model they are presenting could of course "trick" people into believing they are getting more than they actually get...that in such case would be a better way to market and communicate than the truth, it´s one possibility.

To Sell something with inflated and obscure marketing or product description in it´s content or terms, but not really telling how it really is..that may work quite well in many cases.

Last edited:

raymondtrace

Founding member
I appreciate the effort put into a fruitless debate. :D

Since the advent of CC, Adobe has published a FAQ (linked prominently from the CC homepage ...or now embedded in the CC homepage) that explains how the software works with the "cloud". Most customers do not appear to be confused about how modern software works.

CC is not limited to installed software. You also have services "in the cloud" for stock content, collaboration and version control. These services were not available in CS. CC is an appropriate name.

prometheus

REBORN
I appreciate the effort put into a fruitless debate. :D

Since the advent of CC, Adobe has published a FAQ (linked prominently from the CC homepage ...or now embedded in the CC homepage) that explains how the software works with the "cloud". Most customers do not appear to be confused about how modern software works.

CC is not limited to installed software. You also have services "in the cloud" for stock content, collaboration and version control. These services were not available in CS. CC is an appropriate name.

We live in different realities obviously :)

And it was you who brought up a description that according to you in the end..is pointless in defining something sucess, it´s by the way only the definition of that success that is fruitless, not this debate..the debate serves a fruitful conclusion that the notion of the sucess as it was described by you..is fruitless.

as for not living in the same reality, On my course, there were quite a lot of people who didn´t understand what the cloud model ment, they thought it was access only by online service and not a download to their computer, though I knew it wasn´t so.

But then again you said.."Most customers" but that is as well fruitless to speculate in..since we do not have the statistics to draw any conclusions about how many is fooled or not, but I appreciate the try but still a fruitless explanation from you :D

There is absolutely No need at all or any incitament to label your product as a Cloud "suite" It´s enough to include support within your Creative suite, the name cloud isn´t a magic word making that work.

prometheus

REBORN
That's a fair argument. I should have said "all customers". There is no possible way to be a CC customer without directly observing the installation of software. All CC customers know the software is local.

No..are you assuming everyone first have to be an initiated customer? with a download that recognizes the attributes of all things?
You have to consider Potentional customers, as I said, if your statement is correct, then there wouldn´t be possible for users in my course group to ask for how it works would it, but the reality is there was a lot of confusion about that.

You may argue it´s of no big importance, or stupid if not checking it when going to their page, but for initial marketing.. this is something that isn´t described in the very word Creative Cloud, on contrary it easy leads to another confusion about of the words meaning.
What is then described upon visiting the site and checking it more properly, is another matter.

But you know what..I think we have covered it most deeply in various ways now, we seem to have different opinions on this matter, but no biggie is it :)
I also have to get back to embergen, just learning to use mask for various meshes on Lightwave bullet dynamics and use that to determine fire emission.
Haven´t even followed tutorials, or checked documentation, it took some minutes to figure out by myself how it could work, but it´s challenging in a good way, it´s good to excercise the brain cells on that before giving up and checking the tutorials.

So with this..I think I should burn this discussion up(concerning Adobe marketing), and send the ashes to the cloud, whatever that means :) 🔥☁️
I got the tools to do fire and clouds now.

prometheus

REBORN
I would never enter a fruitless debate, the question is if you recognize it as that, why would you ever enter in the first place, then again..all that is contradictory, appreciating efforts put in to a fruitless debate.

It´s not fruitless. it´s just fun to be a pain in the...otherwise neither you or I woud have responded with so much passion:p

Sorry for not complying to what I said I should do in the end of post 52, I reckon you just woke the stubborn devil in me again..temporarely I hope.

I´m gonna offer you the final word.
It´s gotta be a good one though.

Top Bottom