Best and Fast way to Burn DVD

mann1970

I just upgraded to VT4 hoping with Ulead and VT4 I will be able to burn my one hour show quickley. I have been using freestanding DVD recorder to burn my DVD's before. But today after upgrading to VT4 I tried burning the same one hour show to DVD. I did save the project as AVI and then imported into Ulead. It started burning but took more then 2 hours for One hour show. Am I doing some thing wrong? Can any one tell me what is the best and fastest way to burn DVDs using VT4?

Thanks
Gurpreet Mann

Paul Lara

It's ALL about the light
That is one of the consequences of software encoding to MPEG-2 compared to a real-time burner. While it takes much longer (as you've noticed) the quality is usually MUCH higher than what's achieved with real-time burners.

Chrysolithos

Does the VT manual have a good tutorial on how to make a DVD from a VT project using U-lead? Is there a PDF or faq somewhere I can read?

joseburgos

LiveSet Making Machine
There is a getting strarted PDF in DVDWS2.
Start menu, ulead, dvdws2, getting strated.
If you ran the VT4 3rd party plug-ins, then you can load you VT Edit project right into DVDWS2 without converting.
After loading your project or projects depending on you DVD, then the getting started pdf should answer most of your question and get you to author a DVD pretty quickly.

good luck,
Jose Burgos

Randall Chesbro

If you need something quicker than the time it takes to encode it,try to burn to dvd ram. Some of the Panasonic dvd burners can record on DVD ram and it will show up as 1 clip. If you have a pionieer burner on your computer then you can load the clip from the ram disk right into DWS. easy. I still check the encode audio button and set it for 192 ac3. Works well for the projects that need to get out fast and maybe the "cheeper" projects.

jmmscvi

Quick DVDs

Here is a fast way to make dvds with ulead system
Use your VT4 as a switcher for ulead.
I have been setting up my VT4 system so that the toaster edit input program out and set my audio, then go to capture video in ulead and it captures both audio and video in the mpeg file format. Makes dvds quickly.........Even able to do this with 8mm movie transfers. Just setup camera as input on VT4 then program out and Ulead captures the incoming video through VT4. Quick and easy way to make dvds.

Mike Jameson
www.creativevideoimagery.com:beerchug: :

joseburgos

LiveSet Making Machine
How does the quality compare to TMPGenc?
I assume TMPGEnc is better but want to know how it looks for quick things.

Thanks for the tip.

Chrysolithos

joseburgos said:
There is a getting strarted PDF in DVDWS2.
Start menu, ulead, dvdws2, getting strated.
If you ran the VT4 3rd party plug-ins, then you can load you VT Edit project right into DVDWS2 without converting.
After loading your project or projects depending on you DVD, then the getting started pdf should answer most of your question and get you to author a DVD pretty quickly.

good luck,
Jose Burgos

Well I ran the VT4 3rd party installer, but DVDWS2se will not show VT projects in the load window, just *.dws projects. If I use the browse button and change it to *.*, the vt projects show up but it says project won't load.

joseburgos

LiveSet Making Machine
No you load the VT project as a video file.
So you would create a new DVDWS project, then add the VT project in the video folder.
Now drag it into the "Drop video or clip here".

Take care,

Chrysolithos

Wow! thanks for the quick reply. I am burning a test disk as I type this.
Hey! It even plays back correctly!!??. Harlan will be so pleased. *
*(Once I finish editing the rest of his panels and dupe and send them to him.)

Last edited:

Chrysolithos

Sure enough, I want to now try TMPGEnc in the hope that it will look better.
So I dl the trial version, but when I run TMPGEnc and get to the load video/audio menu: SELECT SOURCE FILE. and try to open a VT project, I get XXX can not be opened or unsupported. Do I have to render the progect out first? and if so what as. Sorry I'm so clueless. :help:

wvp

Toaster Oven
I have had some problems loading VT projects into TMPGEnc. First you should make sure that you run the 3rd party installer (in the VT folder on the start menu) and then re-try opening the project.
If you still have issues, you can render out the project as DV file. I render just the video, then go back and render a wav file for audio.
In TMPGEnc I encode only the video stream and then bring the wav file into DVD Workshop which can encode this as AC3.
Search these forms for more help on this - DVDws needs to be setup to do the ac3

Chrysolithos

Yup, it was the third party installer thingy that made it work, or at least I'm past that part. Thanks for the help. You folks are the bestest!:)

Now I've purchsed TMPGenc plus 2.5 from the website and got my serialnumber/activation code. How do I input that? Ive looked through all the readme files and menus but all I find is:
"<<< How to enter your License Serial Number >>>
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please be careful to enter the license serial number correctly
when requested (be carrefull not to confuse 1 (one) and 0 (zero)
with I (Indiana) and O (Oregon)).
---------------------------------------------------------------"

Doesn't say WHERE to enter it. Or will it pop up after my trial period has expired?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

Chrysolithos

Chrysolithos said:
Now I've purchsed TMPGenc plus 2.5 from the website and got my serialnumber/activation code. How do I input that? Ive looked through all the readme files and menus but all I find is:
"<<< How to enter your License Serial Number >>>
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please be careful to enter the license serial number correctly
when requested (be carrefull not to confuse 1 (one) and 0 (zero)
with I (Indiana) and O (Oregon)).
---------------------------------------------------------------"

Doesn't say WHERE to enter it. Or will it pop up after my trial period has expired?

I'ma gonna answer my own question for anybody else that might be looking for the answer.

You don't enter the licensing/serial number into the trial version. You download the retail version from www.pegasys-inc.com and install that. First time you boot that version, it asks for the serial number.

NEW QUESTION? Where in DVDWSse do you check to make sure that "USE TEMPLATES" is unchecked? In the EDIT tab of DVDWSse there are two check boxes halfway down on the left side. One is labeled "Convert to Disk Template" Is that the one? I can't find any other place for this setting.

wvp

Toaster Oven
Chrysolithos said:
...Where in DVDWSse do you check to make sure that "USE TEMPLATES" is unchecked? In the EDIT tab of DVDWSse there are two check boxes halfway down on the left side. One is labeled "Convert to Disk Template" Is that the one? I can't find any other place for this setting.
You are correct.
Go into the preferences and modify all of the templates, audio tab and select "dolby digital". Then when you check the "convert" box for the audio it will convert (and thus leave more space for video), but the video will not be touched as long as its "convert" box is not checked.

Top Bottom