Baking Physical Sky results

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
Is it possible to bake the sky generated when using the Physical Sky in the Environment light in 2020?
I got it looking the way I want it to and want to bake it out to use as an hdri.
Skytracer 2 will bake it out, but I cant get the same look with it at all.

Is it possible to bake the sky generated when using the Physical Sky in the Environment light in 2020?
I got it looking the way I want it to and want to bake it out to use as an hdri.
Skytracer 2 will bake it out, but I cant get the same look with it at all.

Hi,
you can use the VR Camera to render an 360° image of your sky (Type: Spherical, Horizontal FoV: 360°).
Save it as OpenExr or hdr (use linear color space).

ciao
Thomas

kyuzo

Actually, while people are discussing Physical Sky, what's the best way to combine it with clouds?

I don't think it can be combined with the clouds of Skytracer (or can it?) so do we make our own volumetric or procedural clouds?

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
You'd have to either use volumetrics like vdb or something. Sadly Skytracer wont work together with Physical Sky. That would be too easy..lol.

prometheus

REBORN
You'd have to either use volumetrics like vdb or something. Sadly Skytracer wont work together with Physical Sky. That would be too easy..lol.

VDB not recommended for larger skyscapes, just use the primitive item volumetrics, you need several items to cover distance clouds and middle and foreground, you can use large scale items, and smaller as well and make them more cluster like and manage within null master groups, not as easy as infinite clouds..but I have told them too many times they need to implement the infinite volume cloud layer.

You can also use textured environement together with physical sky and try to make some fast easy clouds that way, takes a bit more work and not physicly realistic in terms of lighting and shading, just fake volume hack feel with gradients.

Ozone from vue and ogo taiki was decent, but isn´t compatible anymore..and further more not developed, so the range of options have decreased.

Last edited:

kyuzo

Thanks Prometheus, they look really nice. I might have a play with that a bit sooner rather than later.

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
Yeah, I forgot about primitive volumetrics..thanks for reminding me (though I otta have remembered, since one of my scenes has a bunch..lol).

Top Bottom