Automatically change ME in 2-stripe control panel

dhodlick

Please have the 2 stripe control panels automatically switch the top stripe follow the ME selection in preview, or at least offer a selectable option to have it do so. Yes, I am aware that you can build a macro and then tag that macro to an automation assigned to each ME button on PVW, but this machine should be making my work easier - not harder. The "default" setting should be industry standard.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Please have the 2 stripe control panels automatically switch the top stripe follow the ME selection in preview, or at least offer a selectable option to have it do so. Yes, I am aware that you can build a macro and then tag that macro to an automation assigned to each ME button on PVW, but this machine should be making my work easier - not harder. The "default" setting should be industry standard.
Can you provide just a little more detail? I assume you are referring to the "IP Series 2-Stripe Control Pane" (the one with displays above its PGM/A rows). I'm not 100% sure I am correctly interpreting "the ME selection in preview." Do you mean you'd like the upper stripe on the CS to track M/E's selected on the Main Switcher's Preview row? Or the M/E currently displayed (or most recently selected) on the UI? Other?

Thanks.

dhodlick

Hey Steve - yes, I have the IP series 2-stripe. And yes, you guessed correctly: press me/1 in preview, the top bank switches to ME1. Press ME2 in preview, top bank switches to ME2, etc... The UI should track what happens on the CS as well. Or you could simply add a flag to unlatch the UI from what is happening on the CS. Adding a latch/unlatch flag would also allow for 3 busses of direct control (pgm/pvw, MEx on CS and another ME on UI) with a 2 stripe panel.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I think this is already supported via the options under the item "Tabs Follow" in the Options menu (which seems like a poor name, thinking about it).

dhodlick

Checking "tabs follow" makes the ME's in the UI follow if they're punched in PVW. It does not change the CS behavior.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
I get it now, sorry - too may products/features competing for my attention; I need to research this a bit.

dhodlick

This would be another perfect opportunity to introduce the Grass Valley flavored d-pop functionality. (Double pop the button and it does something else...)

Top Bottom