automate source select on Virtual input

kmoney226

Hi

Does anyone know how to automate a camera select on virtual input? Right now, when I log in to the computer, I have virtual input start up automatically, and the camera source is there in the tool. But I have to manually select the camera source in virtual input. Otherwise, it just selects "None" as the default source.

thanks for any advice!

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Hmmm. I'm running the newer "Webcam Input", variant, so it may be slightly different - but anyway, maybe try setting the source to your preferred NDI source, then exiting the applet, then re-starting it to see if your selection 'stuck'.

kanep

NewTek SE
Virtual Input will recall the last setting used, but you do have to exit the app (not just reboot the computer) for it to save the settings.

Aegiscomm

Virtual Input will recall the last setting used, but you do have to exit the app (not just reboot the computer) for it to save the settings.
I have tried this method with the latest v3.0 on a Mac mini with intel processor running Big Sur. Exiting the app and relaunching does not appear to retain settings. Is there a command line I can use to set on app startup and/or computer startup?

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Kane, you've got a Mac, don't you? Maybe after the holiday you can find a minute to try to reproduce this issue?

Aegiscomm

@kanep Any chance you might be able to confirm if this behavior exists on your end (if you have a mac)? I have spent the good part of the last 4 days trying to AppleScript a work around for this to no avail. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Top Bottom