Autocue Qstart not working with TC2 Elite

tclark

I'm trying to configure an input on the TC2 Elite to use Autocue Qstart using NDI. The TC2 can see Autocue Qstart and Autocue Monitor, but when I select either choice, the input is blank. Autocue has punted this to Newtek. I've emailed Newtek customer support, but while I'm waiting for a response I thought I would try this forum. I know that I can use Live Story Creator, but it would be nice to have a standalone option as well.

fgolman

Are you seeing the correct QStart output on another NDI monitor device?

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

tclark

No. I've also tried it at home from one PC to another on my local network. Same issue. It sees the device but the screen remains black.

fgolman

Well, if you're seeing same at home, then it's not your TriCaster. Conceivably your PC firewall or switch settings. If you use Test Patterns, can you see that across your network on same computers? That eliminates QStart as the culprit. You might also use Access Manager to put in the IP addresses of the systems in question.

fgolman

Actually, I just ran this up on my network and I'm seeing same issues. Not sure if perhaps Qstart has failed in properly using current video drivers or such but that certainly appears to be the issue. I can see other sources from same system, just not QStart.

fgolman

Yes, definetly QStart. Went the other way on the test systems, still not working. And won't even work on SAME PC locally. QStart has gotten trashed somehow (and I just downloaded a fresh copy to be sure). It's 100% on them.

fgolman

I just reported this into Autocue. I was quite specific that it's in their application. We'll see what happens. It likely is something that has transpired in QStart in recent versions of Windows 10, as it had been working some time ago just fine.

tclark

Autocue customer support pointed the finger at Newtek (not surprisingly), so I won't hold my breath on your getting a different response, but there's always hope.

kanep

NewTek SE
I believe that Autocue is basically using NDI Scan Converter to share the screen. If the Windows system you are running Autocue on has dual GPUs (common in many laptops) you probably have to force Scan Converter to one GPU or the other.

jperbicella

So I went through this as well with autocue. They pointed to NewTek, etc. Just run regulars scan converter and that'll take care of it. Their product is garbage when it comes to the NDI output. I tried on multiple machines and went through over 5 hours of support with them then gave up. So just run NewTek screen capture and call it a day.

kanep

NewTek SE
I should also point out that TriCaster 2 Elite has a built in teleprompter with NDI output via LiveStory Creator.

Top Bottom