Are there any Nvidia cards that work with MAC for TFD?

PeteS

Trying to hold off buying a PC, but need to get rolling on TFD..and the sim time is awful. I know there are talks of Macs dead end of Nvidia..but I also heard there were somer older legacy cards that work. Is this true? Anyone have any success? I'm on a trashcan MAC that is max'd out.

Thanks in advance.

Markc

ack ack
I think your at a loss with a nMP as it’s only got TB2.
I don’t think any eGPU’s work without TB3, plus they are optimised for AMD cards.

Last edited:

PeteS

I think your at a loss with a nMP as it’s only got TB2.
I don’t think any eGPU’s work without TB3, plus they are optimised for AMD cards.

Wow..thats depressing....so, you think there is no viable solution than?

Markc

ack ack
Nice video RH.
Personally though I am not a fan of disabling security etc, and installing scripts from people I don't know.
It does specify TB3 on their website, so it may have issues with TB2!

RebelHill

Goes bump in the night
installing scripts from people I don't know.

The probability of picking up some piece of malicious code from github, when it's had multiple eyeballs on it, and the source is exposed is exceedingly small, its not really worth worrying about.

It does specify TB3 on their website, so it may have issues with TB2!

Perhaps... me no speaky the mac... so which machine has what ports, compatability issues, etc, you would know better than I.

edit (OMG, 6K posts -1... what will I do?)

Markc

ack ack
The larger tower mac (cMP classic macpro) has no TB ports, but can have nvidia cards in pcie slot.
The nMP (new macpro) (trashcan shape) has TB2 ports (non changeable).

Newer macs (laptops, imac etc have TB3).

It is very sketchy which, if any TB3 enclosures may work with a TB2 connection especially if your talking gpu rendering.

One more reply.......for 6k...:hey:

Top Bottom