Apple redistributable link broken

shadlx

Hello

It appears that the link http://new.tk/NDIRedistV4Apple should go to download the redistributable for mac, however this link appears to be broken (it takes you to a "not found" page) - currently the only place I can find the redistributable is via the OBS NDI plugin's github page.

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks

RIchard

shadlx

Hello

Just bumping this - woudl be great to understand the proper way to distribute the mac stuff if this link isn't going to be fixed..

Richard

VideoEng QA

NewTek Engineering QA
Hi Richard,

The standalone Mac NDI Redistributable was indeed removed, that version was quite old and was not very useful with the current version(s) of NDI. It is integrated into the Mac NDI SDK, so you should be able to locate that package in the installed SDK files.

Kind regards,
Ryan

shadlx

Hi Ryan

Thanks for coming back to me, however i'm confused - your SDK docs suggest that we shouldn't distribute the NDI library inside our package, however we should use the shared copy - prompting the user to install from your website if they don't already have it.

Is the suggested approach now to host the redistributable ourselves, and link to our own site, or to bundle the library with our application (which would solve some code signing issues)

If you could confirm (and if possible update your docs which also - FYI - include a load of suggested changes in bubbles which I don't think are meant to be in the published version..)

Thanks

Richard

VideoEng QA

NewTek Engineering QA
Hi Richard,

You should be good to distribute the dylib in your app bundle as long as you fulfill all of the terms of our SDK license agreement. Out of curiosity what gave you the impression that you could not distribute those? I will look through the docs and have them updated if they are not clear.

Thanks,
Ryan

shadlx

Hi Ryan

Good to know. In the "NDI SDK Documentation" document distributed with NDI 4.6 it says:

You are may distribute the NDI redistributables and install them within your own installer. However, you must make all reasonable effort to keep the versions you distribute up to date. You may use the command line with /verysilent to install without any user intervention, but if you do you must ensure that the terms of the NDI license agreement are fully covered elsewhere in your application.

An alternative is to provide a user link to the NewTek provided download of this application at http://new.tk/NDIRedistV4. At runtime, the location of the NDI runtime DLLs can be determined from the environment variable NDI_RUNTIME_DIR_V4.

And

If you are unable to locate the library on disk, you may ask users to perform a download from a standardized URL. System dependent #defines are provided to make this a simple process:

 NDILIB_LIBRARY_NAME is defined to represent the dynamic library name (as, for example, the dynamic library Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll).

 NDILIB_REDIST_FOLDER is an environment variable that references the installed NDI runtime library (for example,C:\Program Files\NewTek\NDI Redistributable\).

 NDILIB_REDIST_URL is a URL where the redistributable for your platform may be downloaded (for example, http://new.tk/NDIRedistV4).

So with the benefit of your notes above I would agree that the docs do offer the option of bundling with your app, but if you are now suggesting that we should not be using the redistributable link I would suggest removing all those references from your documentation

Re. my note on track changes - it appears that if you open the file then these don't appear, however if I "quick look" the file on macOS then I see all sorts of internal comments such as the attached which have somehow snuck in there!

Thanks

Richard

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 07.49.27.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 07.49.27.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom